List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have several posters on ignore so some of the arguments just look like people talking to themselves.

Put everyone on ignore. Imagine how serene and peaceful the place would be?

What the fu** is Ruffian legit never heard that word before

We drafting him with 3 or what?
Google says its a term for thug or violent criminal haha sorry blitznu

There is obviously an element of need when it comes to GWS and Jackson, but I do find it funny to suggest that Jackson at 3 is a big reach, but if we don't take him, he's gone at 4.

It's also not without it's irony that some are dead against Jackson because we have Gawn, but want us to bid on Green when we already don't have space for the inside mids we have.
Who are our inside mids though? Only Oliver would be deemed close to A grade. So bidding on Green to partner Oliver would surely be an upgrade on what we've got yeah? I mean honestly, Green seems more of a chance to become another Cripps/Oliver quality than Jackson to become a Grundy quality player. Fair chance Green takes half the time to reach potential as well. And all clubs are ranking him top 5, some top 2, while clubs are completely torn over where Jackson ranks. Some barely have him squeezing into the 1st round.

If i had a choice, I'd choose Green everytime. Rucks don't win you flags, in fact most sides win without a half decent one these days. Green and Oliver with Petracca/Viney/Harmes/Brayshaw in the middle would have me excited.

Who are our inside mids though? Only Oliver would be deemed close to A grade. So bidding on Green to partner Oliver would surely be an upgrade on what we've got yeah? I mean honestly, Green seems more of a chance to become another Cripps/Oliver quality than Jackson to become a Grundy quality player. Fair chance Green takes half the time to reach potential as well. And all clubs are ranking him top 5, some top 2, while clubs are completely torn over where Jackson ranks. Some barely have him squeezing into the 1st round.

If i had a choice, I'd choose Green everytime. Rucks don't win you flags, in fact most sides win without a half decent one these days. Green and Oliver with Petracca/Viney/Harmes/Brayshaw in the middle would have me excited.
What rubbish

What rubbish
Better than the dribble you provide on here you peanut.

Rucks don't win flags, gun midfielders do. Look at the Norm Smith medalists, the brownlow winners. I'll take a gun mid over a gun ruck everytime. Even a potential gun forward. As good as Gawn is, I'd trade him for Dusty, Whitfield or Fyfe in a heartbeat. Green looks Oliver like good. Looks ready for AFL now. Why would we not want that?Jackson looks a 5 year prospect at the chance he might improve and grow. Massive reach at 3. I'd even argue Young is way more important than Jackson, as Jetta and Hibberd need replacing potentially in the next season or two. Plus we are desperate for players who can hit a target. Jackson looks a massive risk and a massive reach.

Oh, plus history says you simply don't take rucks this high in the draft. Happy to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better than the dribble you provide on here you peanut.

Rucks don't win flags, gun midfielders do. Look at the Norm Smith medalists, the brownlow winners. I'll take a gun mid over a gun ruck everytime. Even a potential gun forward. As good as Gawn is, I'd trade him for Dusty, Whitfield or Fyfe in a heartbeat. Green looks Oliver like good. Looks ready for AFL now. Why would we not want that?Jackson looks a 5 year prospect at the chance he might improve and grow. Massive reach at 3. I'd even argue Young is way more important than Jackson, as Jetta and Hibberd need replacing potentially in the next season or two. Plus we are desperate for players who can hit a target. Jackson looks a massive risk and a massive reach.

Oh, plus history says you simply don't take rucks this high in the draft. Happy to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it..
You know who else is ready for AFL right now? Brayshaw Harmes Viney Sparrow Oliver etc. Would be the biggest pussy option of all time if we pick the ready to go guy because we are scared of taking a risk. May aswell have traded 3 for Wines

All these fish puns came about because of a little sprat over draftees. If we could only get a bream of light on the subject it would be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back