List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We dont have any solid info on who we are chasing. We like Serong, Kemp seems like a logical selection and Stephens would fit in nicely. We're also linked with Pickett who seems to be going to Melbourne but hopefully we dont trade up for him.

Methinks McAsey if he's still there.

Might need to trade up to jump Hawks.

We dont have any solid info on who we are chasing. We like Serong, Kemp seems like a logical selection and Stephens would fit in nicely. We're also linked with Pickett who seems to be going to Melbourne but hopefully we dont trade up for him.
Yeah, you guys are kind of in no man's land.....three first round picks, but none in the top 10....so do you look at trading up for a player your targeting, or just take three shots at whatever is remaining at those picks.

It's your call, but I would imagine you would rather have two picks, with one being a top tier player you have earmarked, the other a little more speculative.

We're almost in an opposite position, pick 9 then 43....so do we trade down pick 9 for a few speculative picks, or just pull the trigger on a top tier player.

It'll be fascinating.

So, everyone is contracted for 2020 apart from Webb & Deluca that is training with us, so unlikely any delistings possible if we wanted to boost the numbers chosen at the draft?
+4 max for a main gig (with Martin in the PSD)
+1 rookie

I see in his draft ratings Gary Buckenara has compared Thomson Dow to David Mackay. I'm not sure what the younger Dow has done to Bucky to deserve this.

Don't downplay David Mackay. He has played 220 matches for the Crows.....

....It's just that Crows supporters have been questioning his selection for ~210 of those....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the trade down or in scenarios?

If we did trade down, it would have to be for a player we rate very high (I feel that would be DeKoning) and take on a first round pick next year because we know we would need it along with the first we'll have.

It would be risky because we're not addressing the now, but could prove a wise decision. I just don't think Teague would buy into it.

We've fallen off Kemp, which is interesting. Was it Charlie's fault?...

We'll likely to never know the mechanics of things behind the scenes.

1. Clubs are well entitled to change their minds as things go on.
2. A coach may be granted more input into matters, given changing circumstances.
3. Maybe someone we couldn't envisage being available to us, suddenly is.
4. Maybe Kemps knee is more of a concern than first thought to be.

Who knows for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me at all that #2 may have something to do with things.

We've fallen off Kemp, which is interesting. Was it Charlie's fault?...

Seems plenty of clubs have "fallen off" him - I'd guess it's more about clubs keeping their plans hush hush as long as possible than a late change in opinion. He was probably always a teens pick in the eyes of most list managers, they just chose not to share that info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back