Competition T20 Australia 04 Season Hub | Franchise Bidding & Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
T20A 4 logo.png

Welcome back to the fourth season of FJGD's T20 Australia competition, where graphics design meets Twenty20 cricket!

Designers will have to create a Home and Alternate kit for use during this season. More information regarding specifics (ie. logo-placements) will be given once bids are processed. Depending on the numbers this season, myself and Calo are considering making a one-off theme round but we will inform you all if this does go ahead or not.

For now, your opportunity to bid (or rebid) for a team in this years' competition has come.

Please note:

Existing T20A teams will be given priority over their location and/or identity
Teams must be Australian or New Zealand-based

Please nominate your bid in the following format:
TEAM NAME:

As mentioned above, please keep in mind the location of your team before bidding. Creating a team in an area with less teams will give new teams a better chance at a successful bid.

As for colours/moniker, though you may not have a clear idea as to your team identity we encourage you to at least put down something so we can get an idea of the overall aesthetic of the league.

Bidding will last for a week and as we want to get this thing underway while the Summer of Cricket is still hot ;)

Last edited:

The Freo Armada will not be returning this season, however I’ll be keeping a close eye on the competition.

Can’t wait to see what people enter!

The Freo Armada will not be returning this season, however I’ll be keeping a close eye on the competition.

Can’t wait to see what people enter!
That defeat to the hands of the Dockland Raiders in last seasons' playoffs really hurt you huh? :p

Wow. Totally forgot to tag the reigning champions.

With that the East Cape Dawnbreakers WILL be back, and are now even more determined to go back to back.
Ah shite my bad, I had to delete one of the tags and might of taken yours with it. That or I assumed you would already be entering, take your pick.
Good to see the Dawnbreakers are back, not too sure on back to back yet but we'll see.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll start by tagging all of last years participants to see if their bids will return.
DYLANROO18 The Half Back The Victorian El_Scorcho Sparkle
SilvaComet FreightTrain Spanna_ Barrybran fancyscum FootyGuy13
Bwillow11 sjohnson
I don't know why, but the notification doesn't come up whenever I'm tagged in a big multi-tag post.

Gambier City shall return as the same team as last year except upgrading to the new moniker of "Lakers". Hopefully this change means I don't bring an ODI kit to a T20 fight like last year.

Just 2 questions:
1) Does anyone know about safe sites to get non-free fonts?
2) Can we go back to Roman Numerals for this comp?

I don't know why, but the notification doesn't come up whenever I'm tagged in a big multi-tag post.

Gambier City shall return as the same team as last year except upgrading to the new moniker of "Lakers". Hopefully this change means I don't bring an ODI kit to a T20 fight like last year.

Just 2 questions:
1) Does anyone know about safe sites to get non-free fonts?
2) Can we go back to Roman Numerals for this comp?
1 - Whatthefont! is usually a good place to find fonts, free or non-free.

2 - Last year was our first time running the comp, so after re evaluation we decided that we would go with the '04' as it fits much better in the style of T20 cricket, like the BBL does. Roman numerals would fit better for comps with much more stature or history such as gridiron.

I'll give it one more day for bids so keep 'em coming.

Also with the amount of bids we have I think we'll leave the special one-off round for next season when I put some more thought to it.

Whelp, that will do for the bidding stage.

You now have until the 23rd of December (just on 3 weeks) to get your submissions into either myself or caloschwaby. Hopefully we can get this thing going before the hustle and bustle of Christmas and New Years :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back