Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How am I supposed to argue against that now? :)

If we are talking about individuals though, everyone has a place here and that should always be the case.
People did like Soapy a lot and if I had any say in things, I'd like him back too.

Opinions are fine if their based on some sort of supporting evidence.
Some of the stuff that occupied this board had little semblance of fact and more of a wish.
I just don't see optimism for the sake of optimism as a virtue any more than I do 'faith' or 'belief' but as you say Rob: Each to their own.

Anyway, we have a draft coming up. Much more interesting. :)

Unless you have a Chrystal ball or are Nostradamus everything, absolutely everything, is just an opinion. I’m over dick measuring contests on this board that drives good posters away.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not talking about any individual though.

Optimism for the sake of optimism doesn't mean anything and where did all that optimism get us?
Each to their own but and some like hearing stuff that makes them feel warm and fuzzy.
I just think the truth of the matter is better though, whether we like the sound of it or not.

Truth, beholder, all that.

I'm not talking about any individual though.

Optimism for the sake of optimism doesn't mean anything and where did all that optimism get us?
Each to their own but and some like hearing stuff that makes them feel warm and fuzzy.
I just think the truth of the matter is better though, whether we like the sound of it or not.
This Board will be a real exciting place to visit once we give up on optimism. NOT!

Really miss Soaps dialogue...

This Board will be a real exciting place to visit once we give up on optimism. NOT!

Really miss Soaps dialogue...

O.K. Here you go.

Losing Bolton was the best thing that happened for the club going forward. We're lucky to be in Teagues hands
Silvagni was a cancer on the club and the next list manager is going to be the best one ever....you'll see.
LeBois is making a return via the RD and he'll be fantastic.
We have the best list in the land and everything will click next year and we're going to win the flag too.

Don't give up on supporting the club but living in make believe land just because it sounds good, doesn't make a lot of sense.
BTW: We won't win the flag. Just kidding :)

Soapy was very bullish about the kids on the list, way before all the journalists and experts started jumping on the bandwagon.

Looks like he may be proven a lot more right than wrong.

Soapy was very bullish about the kids on the list, way before all the journalists and experts started jumping on the bandwagon.

Looks like he may be proven a lot more right than wrong.

Yep, the perfect Soap-a-dope maneuver....

Either way SOS departure soon, whether split true or not other factors non related to football can also play a part for a slightly early departure, nothing sinister, just normal private family stuff we have all been through at one stage or another.

Cant believe this has gone through to Jeffery Dujon.

Private family stuff huh?

I read this as Jo is pregnant again with another boy, SOS and the misses are planning on another 2 more - we know SOS shoots boys, who cares if he doesn't any way, AFLW Carlton team needs a SOSSY or two.

SOS is a monster.

All hail SOS The Creator.

PS. Thank you Jo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make them wait longer ... take the full 5 mins and bid Henry then do it again for the next Pick ...
You're thinking is spot on.
Sadly, most other clubs are still stupid about realising at some point you got to bid on players other clubs are committed to taking to ensure they at least forced to lose middle round picks and not just let them get those players slide in order and that club get a leg up having the middle round picks not pushed back a lot further.
Example. last year clubs let Sydney get away with murder in taking Blakey 3 or 4 picks later than he should have been.

We will not let Fremantle get Henry too easily as others let Swans get Blakey too easily.
Hopefully we force them to go into debt for next year's first round pick and it pushed back in second round worth by bidding on him even though Dockers certain to match.

There are family reasons that may have impacted on SOS’s decision, these will come out in the fullness of time.
Love all of SOS's hard work.
BUT he will be leaving the club after the draft.
He and Liddle have clashed badly.
SOS wants it all his own way and is stubborn. Liddle also did some things in SOS'S area without informing / including SOS when he should have.
Bad blood and unfortunately will force SOS to leave after ALL his good work.

SOS wants it all his own way and is stubborn. Liddle also did some things in SOS'S area without informing / including SOS when he should have.

That's true and it comes about because proper boundaries aren't set and authorities cross over.
Unfortunately it's not the first time and nor will it be the last. So much for unity.

It all becomes so untenable but at least there will be a conclusion to the story, as poor as that conclusion may be.

O.K. Here you go.

Losing Bolton was the best thing that happened for the club going forward. We're lucky to be in Teagues hands
Silvagni was a cancer on the club and the next list manager is going to be the best one ever....you'll see.
LeBois is making a return via the RD and he'll be fantastic.
We have the best list in the land and everything will click next year and we're going to win the flag too.

Don't give up on supporting the club but living in make believe land just because it sounds good, doesn't make a lot of sense.
BTW: We won't win the flag. Just kidding :)

I placed my bet before I read your last sentence. Your optimism has jeopardised my solvency.

How soon before Carltonis renamed Liddleton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back