AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year's upgraded MCC members would have had a 28-30 year wait and gold members say 10 years.

New members joining today... MCC members maybe 40-45 year wait but AFL Gold.. I doubt you would get it in 40 years given the progression of the wait list. Its alot closer than people think

Gee if 900 were upgraded, that means only 300 people dropped out in the top 16000. If I’ve done my maths right

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fewer than 900 must have been upgraded - my sister only went up 650 spots and she's towards the pointy end of the list (but probably still about 6 years away judging by the slow movement).

My sons went up ~900 (joined end 2013) and ~1100 (joined end 2015) respectively. I signed them up at birth and they'll be lucky if they get full membership before they're 18, almost double what I was quoted when I joined them up.

Fewer than 900 must have been upgraded - my sister only went up 650 spots and she's towards the pointy end of the list (but probably still about 6 years away judging by the slow movement).

My sons went up ~900 (joined end 2013) and ~1100 (joined end 2015) respectively. I signed them up at birth and they'll be lucky if they get full membership before they're 18, almost double what I was quoted when I joined them up.
About 850 according to this post:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...waitlist-number.790763/page-187#post-61251842

Next year's upgraded MCC members would have had a 28-30 year wait and gold members say 10 years.

New members joining today... MCC members maybe 40-45 year wait but AFL Gold.. I doubt you would get it in 40 years given the progression of the wait list. Its alot closer than people think

The MCC is also the most over rated membership going around. The AFL members is far superior. I think some of MCC members want to be an MCC member just to claim they are an MCC member. I went there a few times and really couldn't see what the fuss was about.

It varies each year. I found doco which confirmed 16k in 2015 and 14k in 2017.
The current doco says 13-23k, there is no exact confirmed figure yet for 2019. They have to publish the actual final allocation by November 15 and display it until November 29.

With 13k currently the intended minimum there should be enough to cover a Pies/Tigers GF who have about 10k according to the latest figures.

Anyone know if the doc with this years actual final distribution has been published? Or, are we going to have another week?

Also, is there a way to find it (and the above doc) from the homepage of the AFL's website?

Anyone know if the doc with this years actual final distribution has been published? Or, are we going to have another week?

Also, is there a way to find it (and the above doc) from the homepage of the AFL's website?
I haven't seen this year's doc yet.
That one I previously linked was from the 'Ticket' menu on the AFL website.
I assume the final allocation doc will be published there.

I guess if a couple of hundred absentees came back? All I can tell you is my sister only went up 650 spots in the queue
Fair enough. Where about in the queue was your sister?

My kids were about 4000 last year but we haven’t received their renewal letters yet, so I can’t gauge how much they’ve moved.

Fair enough. Where about in the queue was your sister?

My kids were about 4000 last year but we haven’t received their renewal letters yet, so I can’t gauge how much they’ve moved.

Still waiting for my renewal too. Estimate another 20 years for me :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NGL, I do get a bit of enjoyment out of watching waiting list numbers and seeing my number inch down.

Imagine if MCC did the same thing :rainbow:

The MCC is also the most over rated membership going around. The AFL members is far superior. I think some of MCC members want to be an MCC member just to claim they are an MCC member. I went there a few times and really couldn't see what the fuss was about.

I've always found the MCC membership strange in that it attracts the I'm a MCC member but rarely if ever use it type. They have over 60,000 members who can attend the Grand Final but can never fill the 25,000 seats available to them. Even Boxing day the other big crowd puller they can't fill.

And then the rest of the year they have another 40,000 members who can go but very rarely get over 75% full for the big games. When you do the maths there is a lot of people who pay what $700 plus for not a lot in return.

I've always found the MCC membership strange in that it attracts the I'm a MCC member but rarely if ever use it type. They have over 60,000 members who can attend the Grand Final but can never fill the 25,000 seats available to them. Even Boxing day the other big crowd puller they can't fill.

And then the rest of the year they have another 40,000 members who can go but very rarely get over 75% full for the big games. When you do the maths there is a lot of people who pay what $700 plus for not a lot in return.

It's classic gym membership economics. Those who don't attend are subsidising the membership fees for those who do, in addition to freeing up capacity for the MCC to sell expensive guest passes.

Optics aside, I bet the MCC would be quite proud of the little golden goose they've got on their hands. It's amazing what a little prestige and a sunk-cost can do.

I just the mcc more than the AFL.

AFL is too makey uppey

I haven't seen this year's doc yet.
That one I previously linked was from the 'Ticket' menu on the AFL website.
I assume the final allocation doc will be published there.
Has anyone managed to find this year's doc with the exact GF allocation? I've been looking but so far no luck.

For anyone following waitlist numbers, I was 4.45k last year and now I’m 3.8k in line, not sure how I’ve only gone up 650 when there were apparently 850 upgrades?

EDIT: spoke to them on the phone today only 450 upgrades this year. So the additional drops would be silver members not renewing from the previous year I guess. Still doesn’t make much sense to me unless anyone can shed some light

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I found some old papers of mine in garage from 1990's and in it , shows some copy of end of 1996 fees when I was still a Restricted AFL Member.
It said at time "It currently takes approximately 14 years to achieve Full Membership"

How long is it now when you enter from your first year as Silver Member ?

I found some old papers of mine in garage from 1990's and in it , shows some copy of end of 1996 fees when I was still a Restricted AFL Member.
It said at time "It currently takes approximately 14 years to achieve Full Membership"

How long is it now when you enter from your first year as Silver Member ?

That's incorrect. My family joined in 1997 and were upgraded in 2003. In the early-mid 90s the wait time from restricted to full was around 2-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back