Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2020 - The Defending Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone done a deep dive on this article except the initial view on Gold Coast being female free.

Richmonds only female coach is in charge of culture and leadership. How empowering.

Has anyone done a deep dive on this article except the initial view on Gold Coast being female free.

Richmonds only female coach is in charge of culture and leadership. How empowering.

So the only female coaches that I know of are Narelle (our forwards coach), Peta Searle, Michelle Cowans and Lauren at North Melbourne. Peta, Michelle and Narelle are the long-term state rep head coaches.

So the only female coaches that I know of are Narelle (our forwards coach), Peta Searle, Michelle Cowans and Lauren at North Melbourne. Peta, Michelle and Narelle are the long-term state rep head coaches.
Surely it will take time to get female coaches up through the ranks too?

My quick view on coaching trends
Skills Acquisition Richmond by Nathan Chapman ex Brisbane & Prokick
Culture & Leadership Richmond by Liz Quinn Navy and Richmond VFLW asst coach
Culture &Leadership Western Bulldogs by Rob Murphy
Development &Runner Brisbane by Matt Bedford Coolangatta QWAFL
IDP North - Individual development of players Cheyne Webster
Coaching Consultant North - Dean Rice

Congratulations to both Erin and our AFLW Team for their awards.

Love Erin! Absolutely deserves the award!

I like the sound of this in her speech:
“I'd like to thank the coaches, players, families and extended babysitters, I can't wait to get back and start with you girls.”

A subtle hint she is likely to be back and playing in 2020..?

Erin Phillips did an interview/special comments during this USAFL match last month in Florida.

Erin joins the call about 4 minutes. One thing she reveals that Collingwood could have taken her under the father-daughter rule (only one game needed for AFLW), but the Pies showed no interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable. I feel so sorry for her, she is such a great player and person.

She throws herself around like a maniac in matches and then does her knee changing direction at training.

Do we even have a half decent back up for CHB?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back