Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, wasn't the idea that t would 'Unite' the split city of Crows and Power fans.

It was to unite the SA soccer clubs. Back in the day, they all were based on ethnicity of the areas they came from, which created some interesting tensions between certain teams. It also created some new ones.

It was to unite the SA soccer clubs. Back in the day, they all were based on ethnicity of the areas they came from, which created some interesting tensions between certain teams. It also created some new ones.

The premise was spot on, and it showed in the crowd numbers where AUFC had near sellouts each week in the NSL after Adelaide City struggled to get 4k the season prior.

The 36ers are Crows lite, but AUFC are not by a long shot imo. They were probably closer to that when Greg Griffin was running the show, but the club are in far better hands now with the syndicate led by van der pol, despite not actually knowing who makes up said syndicate lol.

I've been very critical of AUFC over the years - particularly regarding their lack of desire to invest the necessary resources into their on field department.

Right now though they've got a team who are made of predominantly local players, playing a very attractive style, have made substantial increases in terms of footy dept expenditure and have mended relationships with a bunch of the junior clubs which had been a problem under Griffin.

Couldn't be further from the Crows who stick their nose up at everyone and almost ostracize themselves.

Meanwhile, the national team had to scour Scotland for mediocre footballers with Australian grandparents with the alternative being Tim Cahill shuffling around until he was 50.

Such a wonderful leap forward, the A-League.

Harry Souttar is a cheap beast on FIFA 20 tho

Adelaide United were supposed to unite all south Australian soccer fans behind a team they could all relate to, rather than Adelaide City just being for the Italians and West Adelaide just for the Greeks. So they created an identity just for the poms

Ah i miss Adelaide city.
and yes im italian haha

I follow united purely becuase there is no one else to follow, but would jump ship in a second if City entered the A League.

Ah i miss Adelaide city.
and yes im italian haha

I follow united purely becuase there is no one else to follow, but would jump ship in a second if City entered the A League.

There was never a seamless transition between the era of Adelaide City and Adelaide United. Bob D'Ottavi and Nick Blanco detested each other, and D'Ottavi wanted nothing to do with the new franchise.
So much so that D'Ottavi wouldn't allow Damien Mori, who married D'Ottavi's daughter, to play for them. So Mori signed with Perth Glory and played for them while still living in Adelaide, commuting weekly between the cities. Lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As suggested by another poster on the draft thread Kern didn't look particularly comfortable last night, maybe the pressure is getting to him, and if so it's not beyond the realms of possibility he could pull the pin himself at some stage next season instead of waiting for what should eventually be inevitable.
Robertson would have been such a Hinkley pick.

Hard worker, inefficient and ineffective.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

As suggested by another poster on the draft thread Kern didn't look particularly comfortable last night, maybe the pressure is getting to him, and if so it's not beyond the realms of possibility he could pull the pin himself at some stage next season instead of waiting for what should eventually be inevitable.
The two players picked are more post 2020 prospects. Ken isn't going to get the big sugar hit of hoodwinking the gullible and covering failure with 'How good will we be with Rozee, X-man and Butters once they come on more?!!' with the new players from round 1. Those blankets of excuses are being stripped away one by one and he doesn't like it.

I’m not so convinced - the man is incredibly stubborn and arrogant.

He was smiling and laughing in his final post-game interview of 2019, having just failed again at making finals but knowing he’s conned the club into keeping him

The two players picked are more post 2020 prospects. Ken isn't going to get the big sugar hit of hoodwinking the gullible and covering failure with 'How good will we be with Rozee, X-man and Butters once they come on more?!!' with the new players from round 1. Those blankets of excuses are being stripped away one by one and he doesn't like it.
Who are we kidding.

We are going to miss the 8 and back Ken in.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hinkley didn't look comfortable because he was missing out on the dogs at Richmond.

I'm a United fan. This year the club is playing attractive soccer and scoring lots of goals. Very enjoyable to watch compared to the grind that Port serve up. Verbeek probably had a quiet chuckle to himself after listening to Ken's coaching philosophies
I think you will find us quite different going forward. We tried to take the game on last year but didn’t have the cattle. This could change and we will be exciting again. We have picked up some speed and quick thinkers by the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back