Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan Buckley has two pairs of arms, bun hair, and an extra left ear, anyone else notice that?

Good luck to him. Showing he'll stop at nothing to get back on a list.

Eade on Charlie and Harry injuries.

“It’s just the nature of it. Have a couple of injuries to key players, it can change everything around. But they will get those players back at the right time.”

He's got a point, Charlie and Harry should be well and truly back by the time we are cementing a top 4 spot ;)

Of course the main quote from the article...

The 24-year-old will get to the Blues without losing a draft pick at 10am on Friday in the pre-season draft, with the Suns not prepared to redraft a player who is so desperate to get to an AFL rival.

Seems to be confirmation of what we were 95% sure would end up happening...

Dylan Buckley in the Hun

The worst thing I’ve ever done in my life was a 5am training session in St Kilda when I was at Carlton. It was a punishment for the whole team because teammate Billy Gowers had slept in and missed a session the previous day. We had to do boxing on the beach and jump off the end of the pier into the freezing cold water.

At the end, we were all huddled around talking and someone said, ‘Where’s Billy?’.
He had slept through that session as well, so as a punishment we had to come back at 5am the next morning and do it all again.
Making guys like Chris Judd get up at 4am two days in a row in your first year is not a great way to make a first impression.

I think the problem was when he was in good form, Charlie and Harry were playing, and when they went out, his form had dropped away.
Pretty much, he didn't perform when he needed to. Based on his comments I'd suggest that perhaps after some good form and not getting a gig he put the cue in the rack a little bit, then when he had a chance he couldn't bring it back.

Dylan Buckley in the Hun

This is awesome:

In my second year, teammate Heath Scotland pulled me aside and gave me the best and most honest advice I’ve received. “Mate, what are you doing?,” he said.
“You’re competing for a spot with me and you’re waiting for it. I want you to take my spot, you’ve only got one year left and if you don’t find yourself trying to take it you’re going to not only not have my spot but you’re going to find yourself off the list”.

How awesome is Scotland.

That advice seems more relevant than ever given our list regeneration.

Not everyone is a Walsh/Cripps, super-motivated, plug-and-play type. BUT you want every player on the list striving to make the team and then cement their spot. Not just waiting to get selected....

Of course the main quote from the article...

Seems to be confirmation of what we were 95% sure would end up happening...

No idea who wrote the article, but they appear to be a peanut:

There is a window for delisted free agents between 8am-9am on Friday, only an hour before the pre-season and rookie drafts.

But the Suns are unlikely to delist Martin before the pre-season draft and Essendon’s Michael Hartley does not fit into that window on his way to Hawthorn because he delisted himself and isn’t eligible as a free agent delisted by a club.

Martin's also delisted himself in nominating for the PSD, so neither can be taken inside that DFA window.

Well done by the playing group :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done by the playing group :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Soooo, Jack Martin is playing his first half of a game of footy at the Blues for free.

What are the rest contributing?

Last edited:
:blueheart: Walshy :blueheart:

OMFG....is he really only 19yo?!?!

Not only is he incredibly impressive the way he presents himself, but his confidence now speaking publicly as compared to a year ago is stunning.

He has future captain written all over him.

OMFG....is he really only 19yo?!?!

Not only is he incredibly impressive the way he presents himself, but his confidence now speaking publicly as compared to a year ago is stunning.

He has future captain written all over him.
Yep. Unbelievable for just 19yo. So Confident and articulate. No yeah/nahs or erms, well spoken and a gun on the field. I don't think Crippa/Doc will get much time at the helm to be honest. This guy is the ultimate professional.

Yep. Unbelievable for just 19yo. So Confident and articulate. No yeah/nahs or erms, well spoken and a gun on the field. I don't think Crippa/Doc will get much time at the helm to be honest. This guy is the ultimate professional.
Cripps has the job until he doesn't want it, Walsh will have to wait his turn.

This is a bit of fun

Looking at Carlton's best value draft picks; Eddie, Fev, Jamo, T-Bird, Carrots etc.

Jeez, we really nailed our rookie picks back in the mid- to late-2000s

Cripps sliding all the way to pick 13 makes the list :)

This is a bit of fun

Looking at Carlton's best value draft picks; Eddie, Fev, Jamo, T-Bird, Carrots etc.

Jeez, we really nailed our rookie picks back in the mid- to late-2000s

Cripps sliding all the way to pick 13 makes the list :)
Don't forget Walshy sliding as far as he did .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back