Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gee i would hate to be a * player at the moment, they hold you to ransom it seems.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. The * are refusing to delist Hartley so he’ll have to go into the preseason draft. What a bunch of campaigners

Ha! Essendon suck. The fact that they try to be the biggest a-holes they can at every turn always surprises me but it shouldn’t. I should know better by now.

If I stretch my brain and try to think of a rational reason to act like this by denying both Daniher and now Hartley, all I can come up with is that they must have a large number of disgruntled players coming out of contract next year so they are setting the tone early in hopes of making the rebellious campaigners back down before they get uppity.

Ha! Essendon suck. The fact that they try to be the biggest a-holes they can at every turn always surprises me but it shouldn’t. I should know better by now.

If I stretch my brain and try to think of a rational reason to act like this by denying both Daniher and now Hartley, all I can come up with is that they must have a large number of disgruntled players coming out of contract next year so they are setting the tone early in hopes of making the rebellious campaigners back down before they get uppity.

With Daniher and now Hartley I guess we'll see how this affects their FA and trade period next season. Players and player agents have long memories so hopefully it affects their short-term recruiting.

If anything it will create more rebellious uppity campaigners.

Can hartley go to BHH and move in the mid term draft?
I guess the question is at what point in time is Hartley deemed delisted given he can delist himself?

Is there an option for him to not nominate for the Preseason draft and get picked up as a
delisted FA after all the drafts?

This has "Anyone but Hawthorn" written all over it. The Cats and Bombers play by the same manual, which is do not deal with clubs we despise. It's the only logical reason why this is happening. If he gets picked up by another club they will be the first to pat each other on the backs. A pathetic bunch of arrogant turds.

Hartley will be a hawk its highly unlikely that any club just picks a player that they havent spoken to in the pre season draft. They need to know he is interested and what his demands are in terms of a contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartley will be a hawk its highly unlikely that any club just picks a player that they havent spoken to in the pre season draft. They need to know he is interested and what his demands are in terms of a contract

What advantage is there to Essendon in not delisting Harvey, instead forcing him to the pre-season draft. Other than gaming I can't think of any. Is there some sort of list advantage/difference between losing a delisted player and losing one to the draft?

How does it change things ?
Do we have to use an earlier pick than we wanted too ?

How does it change things ?
Do we have to use an earlier pick than we wanted too ?
Pre season just like martin who will end up at carlton

I will be extremely surprised if some one else picks up hartley

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. The * are refusing to delist Hartley so he’ll have to go into the preseason draft. What a bunch of campaigners

What possible sensible reason is there for this?

Or is it 100% spite ?

Surely the playing group see how players are being treated and get pissed off? Or do they just take the money and play on ?

What possible sensible reason is there for this?

Or is it 100% spite ?

Surely the playing group see how players are being treated and get pissed off? Or do they just take the money and play on ?

You need to take off the Hawthorn goggles.

At Hawthorn, we are family and do everything we can to support our family. If that means we let players go for unders (Hill - family, Mitchell/Hodge/Lewis - Superannuation), or pay overs for players committed to (O'Meara) - then so be it. In return we expect our family to all work together (take salary unders, "preferred destinations", etc), and rely on players knowing we will look after them to trust us.

At Essendon, the club is all that matters - the only value players hold is what they can give the club. Hartley has decided not to be part of the club, therefore he holds no value. By forcing him into an uncomfortable position (waiting on PSD, could go anywhere), EFC have taken away his power, hopefully scaring future players into submission.

It's opposite ends of the same scale. Hawthorn have realised the players hold all the power - EFC are still trapped in the 80s when players came and went, and it was the club (and more specifically people within the club) that holds all the power.

Geelong asked the AFL for money outside the cap to help keep Kelly according to the AFL website. Surprised they didn’t give it to be honest.
Bizarre? Why on earth would the AFL give them a leg up? If this had happened it would of added a whole new level to the Coniglio bs.

Might have a bit to do with Selwood needing hammy surgery. He could be cooked.

Bizarre? Why on earth would the AFL give them a leg up? If this had happened it would of added a whole new level to the Coniglio bs.

Might have a bit to do with Selwood needing hammy surgery. He could be cooked.

I think it was more to do with paying for support for his family, with his kids having learning difficulties etc.

Imagine the can of worms that would’ve opened up.

At Hawthorn, we are family and do everything we can to support our family. If that means we let players go for unders (Hill - family, Mitchell/Hodge/Lewis - Superannuation), or pay overs for players committed to (O'Meara) - then so be it. In return we expect our family to all work together (take salary unders, "preferred destinations", etc), and rely on players knowing we will look after them to trust us.

At Essendon, the club is all that matters - the only value players hold is what they can give the club. Hartley has decided not to be part of the club, therefore he holds no value. By forcing him into an uncomfortable position (waiting on PSD, could go anywhere), EFC have taken away his power, hopefully scaring future players into submission.

It's opposite ends of the same scale. Hawthorn have realised the players hold all the power - EFC are still trapped in the 80s when players came and went, and it was the club (and more specifically people within the club) that holds all the power.

You nailed it mate

Except for a while there, the hird was the highest point with the club third after daylight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back