Prediction Disappointment at the draft

Actually hope we use them for current players or trade down for multiple 2nd rounders. We're going to have heaps of list space next year and only 2 first rounders and a few 4th atm. So need to make up the list space or numbers.

So, in the opening post you lament not having a first rounder and only picking up leftovers with middling second rounders.

Then next year with two first rounders you suggest trading them for as many second rounders as we can get??

Yeah, I dunno.........

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
I have to agree here. I got a bit worried when I saw Twomey having us draft some ruck/forward that I had never heard of at pick 30 and I keep getting more and more concerned as time passes.
You must be referring to “Mr Upside”. If nothing else could be the title from a new Killers song.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Cant wait to hear all the currently sad fans changing their tunes next year with the two first rounders. If you can hold on that long.
Nah. I’ll get excited about any new shinboner this year. Reckon there’s a few sleepers in the draft around our pick. For one I really think we should always look at the WA boys. WAFL form tends to be good form and probably gets a bit overlooked. Perhaps Brady is in the knows there!

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Small forwards will be countered by next season. Teams will be working their way around them.

Hard bastard medium forwards who can take contested marks and swing thru the middle occasionally (and hard bastard mids who can do the same forward) are the future, especially with Larkey and Brown and players who do skills work at training delivering into the forward 50.
Sounds like your talking about ziebell Cunnington zurhaar and potentially garner!

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We need these guys to slide big time...

Pick 26 - Pizza
Pick 27 - Barbecue
Pick 30 - Savoury
Pick 47 - Cheddar
A bit risky letting Cheddar slide like that but fair because Savoury looks like a ready-made 200 game player (a lot of Dumont about him).

Pizza and BBQ are definitely the best available. I'd like us to rookie vegemite and cheese. Keep him around for 3 years and see if he can work into the main group because at the moment he doesn't seem that consistent (flashes in and out and it's hard for me to truly make up my mind).

Delisted and burned alive: Shapes 'NEW' flavour.

Hall of Fame: Dixie Drumsticks. Damn, I miss him. North hasn't been the same since he left.

RipeMadIntermediateegret-size_restricted.gif

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Boys, dont get all sad because we traded out pick 8.. the top end of the draft was good 1-5 .. the rest? Well you can snag a player at pick 30 for the same result.. NMFC didnt like their options at pick 8.. so, why not put 2 first rounders in the bank for next and have a play at Whitfield?

Sounds like your talking about ziebell Cunnington zurhaar and potentially garner!

Tarryn as well. Someone posted something today about rotating Ziebell, TT and someone else, maybe Cam Z thru the midfield and forward line and bench.

Its that sort of idea. Could stick Jed thru there too, he can take a contested grab as well.

Small forwards are flavour of the month. Teams will be or already are structuring to defend against them. Medium forwards who can mark, especially with Larkey and Brown as decoys could really take advantage of that. And once we get worked out they're the decoys for Larkey and Brown.

What a potential head* for opposition coaches.

Back