Josh Kennedy - John Kennedy Jr [Hawks]
Tom Liberatore - Tony Liberatore [Dogs]
Mitch Wallis - Stephen Wallis [Dogs]
Joe Daniher - Tony Daniher [Dons]
Jack Viney - Todd Viney [Dees]

Ben Jarman - Darren Jarman [Crows]
Jackson Edwards - Tyson Edwards [Crows] :p
LOL .. no SOS?

It's pretty clear that we are currently the least desirable club in the whole competition to play for (or work for). People leave us to go to the Suns FFS.

Getting rid of cancers in Pyke, Campo and Burton is a big, big step forward. We have a new coach, will have a new captain, different looking side, etc.

We need to be perceived in a different light come the end of 2020 if we're going to start attracting players, coaches, etc.
I think your over simplifying that bit about players leaving us to go to the Suns. You sound just like a politician. Half of the story. Whilst it maybe true you have glossed over the fact that Greenwood wanted something we couldn't justify offering. GC decided they would. SO Greenwood didn't leave us to get away it was to secure his future.

I think your over simplifying that bit about players leaving us to go to the Suns. You sound just like a politician. Half of the story. Whilst it maybe true you have glossed over the fact that Greenwood wanted something we couldn't justify offering. GC decided they would. SO Greenwood didn't leave us to get away it was to secure his future.

You realise I wasn't just talking about players right?

Is Luke Edwards really "gone", or are we still in the mix (which is the case as far as I can tell)? Can the mods change the title of this thread if the latter is true? No need to dishearten supporters unnecessarily.

Getting rid of cancers in Pyke, Campo and Burton is a big, big step forward. We have a new coach, will have a new captain, different looking side, etc.
So Pyke has reached cancer status now?

I seem to recall the general mood on here was that Pyke was not the problem and the administration + other coaching around him was.

Revisionist history!

I seem to recall the general mood on here was that Pyke was not the problem and the administration + other coaching around him was.

Revisionist history!

According to some.

It was obvious he was a major part of the problem by the second showdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no. I maintain he is a man of integrity and intellect. Yet he allowed a knobhead like Burton to dictate to him that the charlatans from Collective Minds be allowed to mentally * up the playing group. That will be the biggest blight against him during his tenure at the Crows.

At this stage he's around the 10-15 range but as we know, a lot happens in 12 months.

His brother looked a certainty to be drafted as an underager but now look.

Be interested in Mutineer view on this as well. Do the kids who’ve had lifetime high level advice/dedication, like an Edwards, tend to flatline a bit in their final u18 year and kids that haven’t been as dedicated/coached push past them after knuckling down and dedicating themselves a bit later than kids of AFL guns or those that dedicated themselves very early and geared themselves from the get go.

Be interested in Mutineer view on this as well. Do the kids who’ve had lifetime high level advice/dedication, like an Edwards, tend to flatline a bit in their final u18 year and kids that haven’t been as dedicated/coached push past them after knuckling down and dedicating themselves a bit later than kids of AFL guns or those that dedicated themselves very early and geared themselves from the get go.
No, they usually get better unless injury intervenes.....One only needs to look back at some of the U12's U14's and U16's teams of the past, it's usually the same top end high achievers right through the junior pathway..

OK, but really Keath, Greenwood and Jacobs are hardly good examples of players who "would have taken unders to stay, if we were a good club".

Every one of those players was being offered significantly more money and/or contract length, more than we were (quite reasonably) willing to offer. There's "unders" and there's "unders". A player who has been offered, say, 3 years at one club and 5 years at another, when they are in the 27-28 age group, is not going to take the 3 year offer "because good club".

Why do we lose so many players due to them being offered unmatchable contracts elsewhere? Have you ever wondered why it seems to happen every year. Which other club is consistently losing players to unmatchable offers?

Revisionist history!

I pegged him and posted that he was a problem pretty early, but I’d still have been comfortable with him getting another year without the Campo noose around his neck and that toxic muppet Burto gone. But Pykeo loved Campo and probably couldn’t bear the thought of running a coaching group without him. Pyke was more Neil Craig in footy philosophy than Neil himself. It’s no surprise his senior coaching career finished in absolute embarrassment.

our choice to make a below market offer doesn't make us right, it simply means we made a call. too many people justify that call on the basis of the fact we made it.

let's not forget the top 3 people in our footy department all left after this call was made

Why do we lose so many players due to them being offered unmatchable contracts elsewhere? Have you ever wondered why it seems to happen every year. Which other club is consistently losing players to unmatchable offers?

We have tended to overpay a whole host of low to mid talent veteran list cloggers when we could have moved them on years prior and blooded some youth .
No need to name names Mmkay .

our choice to make a below market offer doesn't make us right, it simply means we made a call. too many people justify that call on the basis of the fact we made it.

let's not forget the top 3 people in our footy department all left after this call was made
I am not so sure that the three individuals either resigned or were sacked because of the decisions that were made leading up to the trade period. I believe there were many other issues that resulted with these three moving on.

However back to my point. I dont like it when people make a statement that might appear to be correct but if all the facts/reasons/circumstances are explained then the statement doesnt stand up. Take the story about salesman who makes a statement "we had a 20% growth this year. Its the biggest growth of all the companies. His business grew from 10 to 12. Yet the other companies who only had a 10% growth grew their business from 1000 to 1100." So the man bragging about his business isn't lying but he is being very deceptive. Just like a politician.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back