Review 6 - James Sicily (2019)

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If you told me a few years ago that James Sicily would be the pillar of our back line I think I would have wet myself laughing.

Has gone from a sometimes brilliant but moody forward to not only our best weapon in the back half, but ultra consistent. Chapeau

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Someone put up a highlights package of every time the AFL has brought shame upon itself.
Utter *******s for putting together that 'package' of Sic. fu** 'em!
It's horrific. A clear narrative. Even Sic picked up on it and commented. Hope the club follow this up with them. Disgraceful.

A tremendous stat for James Sicily is that he won 51 per cent of his defensive one-on-one contests – ranked No.1 in the AFL for that stat in 2019.

On top of that, he only lost 18 percent of those contests which is one of the best records for any player attending more than 50 of those contests.

He won 51%, lost 18% and neutralised 31%.

That's pretty impressive.

Last edited:
A tremendous state for James Sicily is that he won 51 per cent of his defensive one-on-one contests – ranked No.1 in the AFL for that stat in 2019.

On top of that, he only lost 18 percent of those contests which is one of the best records for any player attending more than 50 of those contests.

He won 51%, lost 18% and neutralised 31%.

That's pretty impressive.
He is one of our Match winners. A gun player. The stats only backup what you can see at the ground

He is one of our Match winners. A gun player. The stats only backup what you can see at the ground

He definitely is, I think he's fantastic in his role and should have definitely been an All Australian given that he was elite in both defensive and offensive aspects of his game.

Interesting highlights package from the AFL ...

Love it.
This garbage underlines 2 HFC mantras the Blonde Prince is growing up under...
1. Never complain, never explain.
2. If you embrace Hawthorn, Hawthorn will embrace you.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’d take a bullet for Sic
ep6-salacious-b-crumb-1.gif

Does anyone remember the rumours around 2017 that he may be traded to Carlton at the end of that year? Or that Carlton were chasing him?

Pretty sure it was all furphys but gee if it had any semblance of truth I am so glad we have this man in our colours. Superstar!

There was a lot of bullshit about unspoken agreements and that we'd trade Sicily to square the ledger for a deal that got us a second rounder.

Back