List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

If we do go De Koning and Jones then at least we cant complain we are overlooking talls.

Knightmare's final cheesefest...

Day, De Koning, Jones + Mead at 32 to match a Brisbane bid

LOL every Port Pick there is 'lightly built'

I just can't see us going down the development player path

We will bring in ready to go players I'm sure of it

The club will want (and needs) a repeat of last years successes

Lol. That would be a disaster on every level.

Howard, pick 10, pick 29 (because if Mead doesn't get a bid until 32 we could've kept 29) and 2020 first rounder out for Day, de Koning and Jones. Wow ****ing wee.

Yeah/nah, if we still had pick 29 other clubs would know that we'd match any bid in the 20's thus possibly freeing up a player that we may have also taken at 29. By us getting rid of 29 the bid may come much later now.

One of the most interesting sideshows of this draft has to be the academy/FS bidding, or the lack thereof. Three clubs have traded up to avoid bids, and going off Twomey's Phantom each one of these trades was completely pointless given the bids will come later then the original picks that the clubs had. Even doubting Twomey's veracity, Sydney has confirmed that they will not bid on Green with 5 so GWS just gave away a first round pick next year for no reason.
Sydney confirmed that after GWS had already traded ahead of 5. So they're no longer forcing GWS to use up their top 10 pick on him. Bidding on Green now just becomes a bit of a dick move in wiping GWS out of the draft this year and early next. So all they'd be doing is generating bad blood between the clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised Knightmare has Melbourne taking Weightman and Hawthorn taking Pickett.

Not so surprised his Port picks mirror Twomey's thinking.

I actually want us to be ruthless for a change - If the player we want is available at Hawks pick 11 eg Stephens/Kemp, we tell Hawks we will be bidding on Maginess at pick 12 (who I rate) unless they let that player slide to us.

Advertiser is reporting we might be looking at an athletic SANFL mature age forward, for our 1 rookie spot... anyone got an idea who that could be?

The Magpies are going to desperately need a key forward.

Advertiser is reporting we might be looking at an athletic SANFL mature age forward, for our 1 rookie spot... anyone got an idea who that could be?

The Magpies are going to desperately need a key forward.

I’ll laugh if its Reynolds.

Could be Mcbean. Could be Hayes. Could be Sutcliffe

Sydney confirmed that after GWS had already traded ahead of 5. So they're no longer forcing GWS to use up their top 10 pick on him. Bidding on Green now just becomes a bit of a dick move in wiping GWS out of the draft this year and early next. So all they'd be doing is generating bad blood between the clubs.

How is putting GWS into deficit a dick move and taking one of their players not a dick move?

I don't believe "dick-moves" really exist in a competitive environment. Good teams play to win and that means capitalising on competitive advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back