Delisted Connor Menadue [DFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Lloyd suffered from a number of players at his position and somewhat Richmond's game style.
He was much more suited to the Dogs.

Not sure I ever made that bolded argument. In fact I certainly didnt.
The argument I did make though is if Menadue couldn't get games in 2019 when you had 10+ players out injured, in his what 6th season of AFL footy, he was never going to make best 22.

This is obvious to literally everybody except you and THE GUN

and menadue didnt?

Stack, Pickett, Edwards, Lambert, Caddy, Bolton, George .....

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Loving how an Adelaide supports pots a player from another club whilst his team has a Jordan Gallucci who was a 1st round pick after 3 years averaging just 11 touches at 66% and managed 27 games. Crows are full of champions

I love it how YOU (wont even call you a Richmond fan because its unfair to the rest) keep arguing the same point even though YOUR OWN supporters have said that he's not up to AFL standard.

Didnt see Gallucci's name on the thread title, but seeing as we're discussing him...does he still have a list spot?
Oh he does? Well that makes him better than Menadue doesnt it.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I love it how YOU (wont even call you a Richmond fan because its unfair to the rest) keep arguing the same point even though YOUR OWN supporters have said that he's not up to AFL standard.

these are the same people who call Ellis a gun

there are lots of tigers fans many with bad takes

Didnt see Gallucci's name on the thread title, but seeing as we're discussing him...does he still have a list spot?
Oh he does? Well that makes him better than Menadue doesnt it.

in a lesser football team

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Which wingers were injured?

for a crows fan your tigers knowledge is top shelf

You had plenty of wingers/flankers out.
Enough for him to get 5 games in a row where 1 was good and the rest average or poor.

I saw that game against Freo. He was pretty decent.
But he didn't show that in any of his other games in 2019 or previously.

He was just about worst on ground against us at AO.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
You had plenty of wingers/flankers out.
Enough for him to get 5 games in a row where 1 was good and the rest average or poor.

I saw that game against Freo. He was pretty decent.
But he didn't show that in any of his other games in 2019 or previously.

He was just about worst on ground against us at AO.

specifics would be too hard eh

maybe you dont know what your talking about

the menadue hill is a strange one for you to take a stand on. I hope he becomes a handy player at Freo but who knows maybe your right

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
specifics would be too hard eh

maybe you dont know what your talking about

the menadue hill is a strange one for you to take a stand on. I hope he becomes a handy player at Freo but who knows maybe your right

Specifics would be too hard?
I literally gave them to you.

Bet you he never plays AFL again.

I just came here to discuss him to run into a couple of 'head in the clouds' tigers fans.
Luckily the majority of tigers fans here also know what they're on about.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

Oh he does?
Well that makes him better than Menadue doesnt it.

This is only a reflection on the quality of the list at the crows and by judging this it would indicate that Menadue would clearly be still on a list at the crows
Now rather than deflect from the topic by getting into what other richmond supporters think and see and your claims about me being bias with Richmond players perhaps you might like to run through my posts regarding Ben Lennon / Corey Ellis / Shaun Hampson and a few others

But lets get back to Menadue , Judging by your 5 games of football you have seen him, Perhaps you might like to enlighten us as to what he is missing that a Jordan gallucci has that keeps him on an afl list ?

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
This is only a reflection on the quality of the list at the crows and by judging this it would indicate that Menadue would clearly be still on a list at the crows
Now rather than deflect from the topic by getting into what other richmond supporters think and see and your claims about me being bias with Richmond players perhaps you might like to run through my posts regarding Ben Lennon / Corey Ellis / Shaun Hampson and a few others

But lets get back to Menadue , Judging by your 5 games of football you have seen him, Perhaps you might like to enlighten us as to what he is missing that a Jordan gallucci has that keeps him on an afl list ?

Naming obvious spuds as spuds doesn't make you any less one-eyed.

Well for a start Jordan Gallucci is quicker and more skilled, younger, tougher and has the best vertical leap on our list.

This year will be the real make or break one for him. He will have plenty of opportunity to play midfield (Which he hasnt previously).
He has shown glimpses of pure class, but not enough consistency.

He may not have what it takes to remain on the list, but he's shown more in less games than Menadue.

You're comparing someone who would be on every list in the AFL to a guy who is fighting to find one interested club after being delisted.
According to you our list is so bad but we still didnt want Menadue. What does that tell you about him?

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

Well for a start Jordan Gallucci is quicker and more skilled, younger, tougher and has the best vertical leap on our list.

This year will be the real make or break one for him. He will have plenty of opportunity to play midfield (Which he hasnt previously).

He may not have what it takes to remain on the list, but he's shown more in less games than Menadue.

You're comparing someone who would be on every list in the AFL to a guy who is fighting to find one interested club after being delisted.
According to you our list is so bad but we still didnt want Menadue. What does that tell you about him?

quicker than who?

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

I just stopped reading here . Cannot be bothered with somebody who has no idea about the player he is commenting on.
Dont bother responding as i wont spend any more time with this as you have NFI
2.88Connor Menadue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I just stopped reading here . Cannot be bothered with somebody who has no idea about the player he is commenting on.
Dont bother responding as i wont spend any more time with this as you have NFI
2.88Connor Menadue

Repeat sprint results are 0.1 second apart over 5 sprints.
He cant match up in any other area, not even close.

So in Menadues BEST feature he breaks even with a guy who you dont think deserves a list spot.

Hilarious.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I'll be suprised if he remains a DFA, I think he's good enough to be on an AFL list, and would have been happy to give him one more year in our system. Had played some great VFL footy, and has even had a few nice AFL games. Hope he gets another shot.

Would be a travesty to see Townsend on an AFL list year and not this bloke.

Wines to cripps

Senior List
Oct 15, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'll be suprised if he remains a DFA, I think he's good enough to be on an AFL list, and would have been happy to give him one more year in our system. Had played some great VFL footy, and has even had a few nice AFL games. Hope he gets another shot.

He is just not that good.. The role he plays is so easy to fill at the afl level..

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
There's a lot of not that good players on a list though, he'd be getting a game at some weaker clubs.

So would Mitch Brown but there comes a point where non developing fringe players should be let go for blokes who are capable of becoming quality AFL players.

Nope.
He's not best 22 at any AFL club including gold coast.

Don't have to be best 22 to get a game.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I actually don't mind him at Gold Coast if there is still rookie spot available. Use it or lose it.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So would Mitch Brown but there comes a point where non developing fringe players should be let go for blokes who are capable of becoming quality AFL players.

Don't have to be best 22 to get a game.

Richmond barely had 22 fit players at points last year and he struggled to get a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back