Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

First ever training report from me but as I had time and opportunity I went down fro a look.
Stephen Hill is back to being Stephen Hill! smooth as silk and kicking the ball beautifully. If he gets a full pre season in it will be his first in a long time and we will get to see the Stephen of old when the season starts.

I liked the look of Aish and Acres too altjoughAcres will need to improve his kicking a little. In a few of the tight decision making drills it was god to see Brayshaw hitting targets well and Mundy and Sonny also taking the good options and hitting them well.

I agree that Mc Carthy is well down on his size and so is Blakely too. As general rule I think the squad is leaner which I guehuess plays to the cheage in game style.

That’s about all I have folks...
Thanks for the report.

Re Acres kicking, is it about not hitting targets? Just bombing it? Poor options?

First ever training report from me but as I had time and opportunity I went down fro a look.
Stephen Hill is back to being Stephen Hill! smooth as silk and kicking the ball beautifully. If he gets a full pre season in it will be his first in a long time and we will get to see the Stephen of old when the season starts.

I liked the look of Aish and Acres too altjoughAcres will need to improve his kicking a little. In a few of the tight decision making drills it was god to see Brayshaw hitting targets well and Mundy and Sonny also taking the good options and hitting them well.

I agree that Mc Carthy is well down on his size and so is Blakely too. As general rule I think the squad is leaner which I guehuess plays to the cheage in game style.

That’s about all I have folks...
Having players slim down may be part of the plan to be able to run out a full season without breaking down

On SM-T825Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks for the report.

Re Acres kicking, is it about not hitting targets? Just bombing it? Poor options?
Seems to be hitting them a bit too deep mostly. Decisions were ok in general so I guess it’s not the worst way to miss. What I did like in several kicking drills were thatthe kickers looked to be erring on the side of kicking to the advantage side of the forward so still giving them a good chance to collect the ball..

Seems to be hitting them a bit too deep mostly. Decisions were ok in general so I guess it’s not the worst way to miss. What I did like in several kicking drills were thatthe kickers looked to be erring on the side of kicking to the advantage side of the forward so still giving them a good chance to collect the ball..
Kicking over the head of the leading forward is stock standard Fremantle; hope it can be rectified.

Acres has Tall Dad Syndrome. In his highlights package, he routinely puts it over the heads of his targets.

He thinks everyone is as tall as he is.

(It's a bit like Fyfey's hands when he first started - he thought everyone was as freakishly adept at anticipating as he is and would put the ball where he would have liked it.)

Interesting tidbit: Acres' uncle was an Olympic-qualifying level 800 metre runner. When he got the pill, no-one could catch him. Problem was he couldn't kick or bounce.

Acres has Tall Dad Syndrome. In his highlights package, he routinely puts it over the heads of his targets.

(It's a bit like Fyfey's hands when he first started - he thought everyone was as freakishly adept at anticipating as he is and would put the ball where he would have liked it.)

Interesting tidbit: Acres' uncle was an Olympic-qualifying level 800 metre runner. When he got the pill, no-one could catch him. Problem was he couldn't kick or bounce.

Plus Fyfe can transport through time and space. Others cannot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

should have considered rugby

Always said Hughes shouldn’t be in such a defensive role. Not really a player that can be defensively offensive (if that makes sense.). He struggles to make decisions whilst in the defensive 50 with ball in hand. Panics at first thought. Wilson can make decisions quicker and almost knows what his teammates are doing.
Yet Hughes wants to take the game on. Hence why he should be more of a wing and use his body, marking to Freo’s strengths. He’s a more faster, athletic Ibbo. Perhaps swap Aish in his role then put Hughes on the wing?

At training:

Acres has sprayed more kicks than you would think possible. Cerra's been poor too. Crowden and Tucker among the best kicks.

Anyone know why Dixon is in a moon boot?
Is Tom North training or in rehab? Someone said he pulled up lame from the TT last Wed and had ice immediately applied to his leg.

At training:

Acres has sprayed more kicks than you would think possible. Cerra's been poor too. Crowden and Tucker among the best kicks.

Anyone know why Dixon is in a moon boot?
I’m sure I saw Dixon in the TT. One to keep an eye on but at this early stage any issues even minor will involve being placed on ice and into the moon boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back