List Mgmt. #11. Tim Kelly - Welcome to West Coast

I just read on the AFL website that Geelong asked for money from the AFL outside the cap to try and keep Kelly.

That club really has a ‘holier than thou’ attitude don’t they?

*en lol

This has truly made my day.

Good insight into just how entitled and up themselves the Dick Eaters are.

Animal Farm type attitude .... all Clubs are equal but some Clubs are more equal than others.

Their recent run of Premiership glory has warped and distorted their perception of their own sense of Importance and self worth.

Good to see Gil and AFL House stand firm and not capitulate or succumb to the self serving pitch from The Dick Eaters.

Brian Cook doing his best Oliver Twist impersonation:

“ Please Sir can I have some more?”

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Animal Farm type attitude .... all Clubs are equal but some Clubs are more equal than others.

Their recent run of Premiership glory has warped and distorted their perception of their own sense of Importance and self worth.

Good to see Gil and AFL House stand firm and not capitulate or succumb to the self serving pitch from The Dick Eaters.

Well they aren't a Melbourne team after all...

To be fair it was to pay for help for their autistic sons.

So? They could've offered him a bigger contract, but were looking to have their cake and eat it too.

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
So? They could've offered him a bigger contract, but were looking to have their cake and eat it too.
Think about it. The club paying for professional help for the kids directly vs adding extra to his contract for him to pay for it. How much would be left after the ATO took it's share? What's the current top tax bracket rate?

Don't get me wrong. I like giving it to Geelong as much as anyone. I was going to start a thread in Bay 13 when I saw it mentioned in here. Once I read the whole article though I knew there was no point.

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
Think about it. The club paying for professional help for the kids directly vs adding extra to his contract for him to pay for it. How much would be left after the ATO took it's share? What's the current top tax bracket rate?

Don't get me wrong. I like giving it to Geelong as much as anyone. I was going to start a thread in Bay 13 when I saw it mentioned in here. Once I read the whole article though I knew there was no point.

Pretty sure FBT would have the same impact on that allowance as income tax.

Sure, but let's not act like they didn't have any other options, they were shut down on the avenue which suited them best.

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
Sure, but let's not act like they didn't have any other options, they were shut down on the avenue which suited them best.

No problem with that. Never said they had no other options. Just not sure we can throw too much muck at them over this one. If anyone reading my comments disagrees, please start a thread on the Bay about this 'scandal'. I'd like to see how it goes. :)

No problem with that. Never said they had no other options. Just not sure we can throw too much muck at them over this one. If anyone reading my comments disagrees, please start a thread on the Bay about this 'scandal'. I'd like to see how it goes. :)

I'm not certain the Bay is the measure of all things accurate and reasonable.

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
I'm not certain the Bay is the measure of all things accurate and reasonable.

Never said it was. Just curious to see how such a thread would float in an unfettered space. TBH though, I don't find the Bay operates all that much differently than the rest of the forum. For instance people like to have the last word on the most inane relatively unimportant things in the Bay just as much as they do here, all egged on from the sidelines by the likes and dislikes of slighted 3rd parties.

:)

Never said it was. Just curious to see how such a thread would float in an unfettered space. TBH though, I don't find the Bay operates all that much differently than the rest of the forum. For instance people like to have the last word on the most inane relatively unimportant things in the Bay just as much as they do here. :)

Last word.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

What recent run of premiership glory? They last won a flag in 2011. Since then they have clogged up the top 4 - with everyone other than them knowing that they won't win silver wear. Their era of success was also completely eclipsed by the Hawks who actually won back to back flags.

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
What recent run of premiership glory? They last won a flag in 2011. Since then they have clogged up the top 4 - with everyone other than them knowing that they won't win silver wear. Their era of success was also completely eclipsed by the Hawks who actually won back to back flags.

Have the advantage of a genuine home ground advantage against teams in the same state but without the travel factor. No surprise they do well in season then falter in finals. Haven't actually been a truly good team for the best part of a decade.

Back