14.30: Draft guns Lachie Ash and Dylan Stephens
14.40: Fremantle coach Justin Longmuir
15.03: Brisbane recruiting manager Steve Conole
15.20: Player manager David Trotter
15.45: Player manager Jason Dover
16.00: Player manager Robbie D'Orazio
16.30: Port Adelaide football manager Chris Davies

/facepalm - missed it

It was refreshing to hear Davies say on the Draft Countdown that we are still going to pick the best available players. There seemed to be some messaging that we would go for needs which is dumb with high draft picks.

He also reiterated that we are well stocked with key defenders (which I disagree with) which means that if we pick one I guess it shows that we really rate them. In that scenario I'd really like to see us pick Worrell if he's on the board so we can play him forward as well.

An extended play of post 59:

Analysis: Who do the experts say will be playing for your AFL club in 2020 (and beyond)? http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-27/afl-draft-who-is-likely-to-go-where-in-2020/11739682

Who or what is Emerson Jeka?
Just looking for "After the Goldrush" individuals.
He is mentioned in the article above:

"Also of note is Emerson Jeka, who was thought of at this time last year as a potential top-10 selection and is now rated towards the tail end of the draft."

At this stage are all the picks and trades pretty much locked in and just waiting for a tv event or is the draft actually open to change? I ask this as we know that those being selected in the first round are invited so I'm not too sure if the AFL get a bit pissy if a club decides to change it's selection course and picks a fella who had not previously been suggested by the club as a 1st rounder.

An extended play of post 59:

Analysis: Who do the experts say will be playing for your AFL club in 2020 (and beyond)? http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-27/afl-draft-who-is-likely-to-go-where-in-2020/11739682

Who or what is Emerson Jeka?
Just looking for "After the Goldrush" individuals.
He is mentioned in the article above:

"Also of note is Emerson Jeka, who was thought of at this time last year as a potential top-10 selection and is now rated towards the tail end of the draft."

Key forward. 197cm, big clunking mark, questionable kick, good athleticism

Davies is confident we’ll get two of the three players we rate really highly.

Come on Kemp and Bergman...

The Crows could make a bold call at Pick 6, with national recruiting manager Hamish Ogilvie likely to choose between the pair of South Australian Dylan Stephens and tall Victorian Fischer McAsey.

Foxfooty.com.au draft expert Matt Balmer expected them to opt for McAsey in his final Phantom Draft, but their decision will have major flow-on effects lower in the order and could see a team like Geelong move up into the top ten. The Cats have multiple first round picks available due to the Tim Kelly trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davies is confident we’ll get two of the three players we rate really highly.

Come on Kemp and Bergman...
Gut says it'll be day and Bergman or possible Gould?

Sadly we just haven't been linked to Kemp at all

I’m tipping we live trade our pick in the 50’s. Even if it is just back and forward with another club to try and grab Finlay at that spot.

So this is your substitute for tipping the opposition, huh?
I can imagine Macca saying this kind of thing even if he was doing the drafting himself.

“Who are you going to pick at #1 this year Macca?”

“Honestly I’ll probably end up re-drafting Mitch Harvey I’ll be so nervous”.

Kemp
Bergman/Worrell
Gould

That’s the dream. But we just know Port will * it up and do something stupid. The likelihood of all of these being available and us choosing none of them is just classic Portzzz

TBH most drafts leaveme feeling pretty meh about what Port get.
Last year was probs the most excited I have been for over a decade.
Thought we nailed 2 good uns with Rozee and Duursma. Didn't rate Butters tbh but he ended up being ok.
Would not surprise to see us go back to being conservative again, and pick boring safe types.
Show some kahunas Port, and grab a couple of X-factor excitement machines.
Get me up and about again.

giphy.gif
Robbie Gray says he likes Gould. What Robbie wants, Robbie gets? We don't really need a half-back flanker but there's a lot of love for him at pick 18. Surely it's easier to run off some excess weight than bulk up. Depending on who slides though I won't be surprised if we nab him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back