Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
PORT ADELAIDE has taken Mitchell Georgiades with its second selection in the 2019 NAB AFL Draft.
CLUB: Subiaco

DATE OF BIRTH: 28th September 2001

HEIGHT: 191cm

WEIGHT: 78kg

POSITION: Forward

BIO

Tall forward who has missed the entire season due to a quad injury but has now made a complete recovery. He showed strong promise as a bottom aged player in 2018, representing his state in all four NAB AFL Under-18 Championship matches averaging 10 disposals and four marks. He also gave a glimpse of his outstanding contested marking ability when playing for team Bartel in the 2018 NAB AFL All-Stars Futures game on Toyota AFL Grand Final day. He is a very competitive player overall who reads the game exceptionally well and uses the ball effectively by hand and foot. He is the son of former Western Bulldogs player John Georgiades, who famously kicked eight goals on debut in 1989 against Carlton.

Last edited by a moderator:
fne5pxP.gif

The only thing I know about Mitchell is that his old man John kicked 8 on debut Rd 1 1989 for Footscray v Carlton after transferring from Subiaco. I had just come back from a year in North America and wondered WTF John Georgiadis was as he had never played state footy.

John was a short forward for the 3rd tall behind Beasley and the resting ruck.

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He looked pretty good last year playing as a bottom ager. Hopefully comes in an kicks some goals

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Had a great U18 Champs as a bottom ager last year and we know how good that draft class was. I am happier to have someone who has proved his metal against strong opposition rather than a Worrell or DeKoning who had a draft class devoid of real competition (for key position players).

Is this a Robbie Gray pick???

20m sprint (seconds)
Sam Philp......... 2.867 seconds
Ben Johnson..... 2.885
Malcolm Rosas... 2.924
Mitch Georgiades 2.925

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Response to my question on the main board, who the * is Mitch Georgiades ?

"If he was 195cm and had played all year he would've been pick 1. Instead he's 191cm and missed the year with a corkie, but he lit up a game at the champs last year as a 17 year old. Great speed and hands on the lead. If Port look to play Dixon as the gorilla and a roaming lead up forward like Marshall or a 2nd ruck then Georgiades could make a really nice lead up option. Some DeGoey ish traits as a forward."

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nightmares response to my question, who the fu** is Mitch Georgiades ?

"If he was 195cm and had played all year he would've been pick 1. Instead he's 191cm and missed the year with a corkie, but he lit up a game at the champs last year as a 17 year old. Great speed and hands on the lead. If Port look to play Dixon as the gorilla and a roaming lead up forward like Marshall or a 2nd ruck then Georgiades could make a really nice lead up option. Some DeGoey ish traits as a forward."
You won me at the name DeGoey

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Class of 2019: How a simple corkie led to three surgeries, nine months off

"If he had played all year he would've been pick 1
This I like.

"If he was 195cm he would've been pick 1
But this I don't get. Like, if I was 18 and played like Buddy Franklin mixed with Gary Ablett I'd go at pick 1 too. I'm none of those things though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back