News 2020 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maccas is sponsoring our AFLW team as the teams official quick service restaurant.

Now all we need is a slow service restaurant to sponsor us.
St KFC will be kicking themselves

St KFC will be kicking themselves

I remember working in this s*itty warehouse in Ireland full of Polish, Lithuanians and Nigerians and some bone headed Irish whom education had forgot. We had a "wear your local team" jersey day to try and make us feel better about working in a place so hopeless . I had a Saints tee that I wore. All the f*ckers were sneering at me for the day, so I pulled them up on it...and some little Thai dude asked me why I was wearing a tee shirt about Kentucky fried chicken. I couldn't stop laughing...not one of them had heard about AFL before & none were interested in knowing about it either. If it's not soccer then it's not anything. Also it's easier for Europeans, Irish and Brits to claim that we have no culture...which is oddly countered by the fact that many freely emigrate to Australia. As I have noted when I occasionally flare up at euro arrogance/ignorance...We may not play the fiddle and do armless tap dancing and live off sausages, sauerkraut, and spuds, but we do have a little something in Australia that sets us apart...it's called lifestyle, and it trumps culture pretty much all of the time.

Needless to say I didn't last too long there in the warehouse. Life is too short.
Go S.T. K.F.C

Last edited:

I remember working in this s*itty warehouse in Ireland full of Polish, Lithuanians and Nigerians and some bone headed Irish whom education had forgot. We had a "wear your local team" jersey day to try and make us feel better about working in a place so hopeless . I had a Saints tee that I wore. All the f*ckers were sneering at me for the day, so I pulled them up on it...and some little Thai dude asked me why I was wearing a tee shirt about Kentucky fried chicken. I couldn't stop laughing...not one of them had heard about AFL before & none were interested in knowing about it either. If it's not soccer then it's not anything. Also it's easier for Europeans, Irish and Brits to claim that we have no culture...which is oddly countered by the fact that many freely emigrate to Australia. As I have noted when I occasionally flare up at euro arrogance/ignorance...We may not play the fiddle and do armless tap dancing and live off sausages, sauerkraut, and spuds, but we do have a little something in Australia that sets us apart...it's called lifestyle, and it trumps culture pretty much all of the time.

Needless to say I didn't last too long there in the warehouse. Life is too short.
Go S.T. K.F.C
Well, next time....
Tell them this:
There’s a new Irish themed clothes store opened at Chadstone.
It’s called: “Potato Republic”.

The Belgian Prime Minister is married to former Saint, Chris Stone.

“Stone was in een vorig leven zelfs even professioneel atleet. Eind jaren zeventig, begin jaren tachtig speelde hij Australian Football bij St. Kilda, een club uit Melbourne. Denk aan een soort Australische variant op rugby die je op een ovalen veld speelt. Hij kon ook best wel een aardig potje cricket spelen.”

“Stone was in een vorig leven zelfs even professioneel atleet. Eind jaren zeventig, begin jaren tachtig speelde hij Australian Football bij St. Kilda, een club uit Melbourne. Denk aan een soort Australische variant op rugby die je op een ovalen veld speelt. Hij kon ook best wel een aardig potje cricket spelen.”

The same Chris Stone who founded the Bluestone coffee chain in the USA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, I’ll put my high school Afrikaans to good use (no Google translate for me) and try and give you an approximate translation...

New Belgian prime minister is married to an ex Australian top sportsman.

“In a previous life, Stone was a professional athlete. Around the 70s and 80s he played Australian football for St Kilda, one of the clubs in Melbourne. This is an Australian variant of rugby, played on an oval field. He can also play cricket.

Mooi so!
Not too bad, if I say so myself 🙂

Last edited:
OK, I’ll put my high school Afrikaans to good use (no Google translate for me) and try and give you an approximate translation...

New Belgian prime minister is married to an ex Australian top sportsman.

“In a previous life, Stone was a professional athlete. Around the 70s and 80s he played Australian football for St Kilda, one of the clubs in Melbourne. This is an Australian variant of rugby, played on an oval field. He can also play cricket.

Mooi so!
Not too bad, if I say so myself 🙂
Heel goed ouwer!!

Is he the dude that used to wear goggles?

Snappy Tom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back