Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
A 10 minute half time is bs, I can barely fit in a dart and a beer run as-is. :thumbsdown:

But I don't mind introducing a challenge system. Give each team one opportunity to challenge, it would cut down on the time it takes to review scores and would get rid of all the bs 'I touched it, no really I swear' time-wasting. If you lose your challenge then it's on you and not the umpires.
This will die pretty quickly. Half time is where the stadium vendors make their money and the Broadcasters can smash you with Adverts. No way this gets up.

So felt really smug here for a second, remembering how I felt the game went to complete s**t for me early 2018 - about when Naitanui got suspended for a tackle and they announced the MCG and pending rule changes - and that I didn't care anymore about how much they changed it coz they'd gone past the point of no return.

But hearing these proposals still makes me sad for how hard they want to * the game.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
So felt really smug here for a second, remembering how I felt the game went to complete s**t for me early 2018 - about when Naitanui got suspended for a tackle and they announced the MCG and pending rule changes - and that I didn't care anymore about how much they changed it coz they'd gone past the point of no return.

But hearing these proposals still makes me sad for how hard they want to fu** the game.
The day the league absorbed the rules board is the day the writing was on the wall.

just chilling and waiting for the breakapart league to happen now.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
The day the league absorbed the rules board is the day the writing was on the wall.

just chilling and waiting for the breakapart league to happen now.

It'll happen. This league is still very young in terms of being a national comp. Change will happen and it'll be the big clubs who just say * it and create a new one.

The shitty parasitic Melbourne clubs will be the ones who suffer.

It'll happen. This league is still very young in terms of being a national comp. Change will happen and it'll be the big clubs who just say fu** it and create a new one.

The shitty parasitic Melbourne clubs will be the ones who suffer.

Doubtful, the biggest clubs (outside of us and Adelaide) - Essendon, Collingwood and Richmond are getting exactly what they want when they want it.

Pretty sure ploughing into a parked car can be an offence.
My son lost his license for 6 months when he missed a bend and left the road, no damage to car or anything else. The dickhead cop involved turned up at our house asking if my son had run off the road, he could've lied and there would have been no consequences but I brought my kids up to tell the truth. He charged him with careless driving which my son coughed too and then he switched the charge to reckless. Last time I'll ever let one of my family turn up to court without a lawyer.
Still pisses me off years later. Not the only time I've dealt with lying cops either.
Never trust them now.

Not sure how they could have changed the charge from careless to reckless as reckless requires the prosecution to prove intent to drive in a manner that's dangerous , or your son was clocked doing 40km over the speed limit at some point leading up to losing control of the vehicle.

Coniglio named GWS' captain. Undoubtedly was a condition in his new contract.

At least this was a deserved one. Led by example on field and off field and you could never question whether he played for the team and not himself. He may never come back to play in WA but I wouldn't mind him lifting a premiership cup with GWS.

Coniglio named GWS' captain. Undoubtedly was a condition in his new contract.
I doubt he’d have pushed for that in his contract. He’s getting it on merit anyway. Ward and Davis are crooked most of the time and the time is right.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
And even though our squad’s mean average age is basically equal oldest in the comp, only eight clubs have fewer 30+ year olds than us.

Geelong’s squad has 21 players aged 21 or under, and 17 players aged 27+

...leaving only 8 players in the 22-26 bracket

Yeah noticed that as well, it's a very unbalanced list. They are in for a world of pain in a few years time unless they can have another Dangerfield land in their lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back