Game Day 2019 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

With Dixon, Marshall and a resting ruck (with Buzza as break glass) a mid-sized forward is ok.

Really need height down back though.
Might end up with Jonas, Clurey, Burton, Watts, Westhoff, Gould, McKenzie, Lienert and Grundy (With Goldsack and Corcoran as SANFL players)

I struggle to comprehend how we can burn a 2020 1st and Pick 29 for a guy who hasn't kicked more than 2 goals EVER in a Colts outing, and who only kicked 3 goals in the 2018 Champs.

I say that irrespective of future potential, because I genuinely like Georgiades as a future prospect and think he has potential to be a very adept floating tall, he speaks incredibly well and is an extremely high-character selection, but it's incredibly baffling from a resource management point of view. Saying he's the best tall forward in this draft isn't saying a whole heap either given the rest of the prospects available, it just seems like a very counter-intuitive selection especially given the height and what we had to give up to secure the 'best tall forward prospect' in an incredibly weak draft for those types. Sam De Koning being selected straight after shows how shallow the pool for talls is.

Bergman I like what he's able to do, but given that we've selected a forward flanker who hasn't averaged more than 15 disposals or a goal a game at any level this season, we better bloody well hope those shin splints were impacting him quite severely.

Well can't say I know more than pur recruiters about the potential of the kids we drafted.

But I like the positions they play. Fills a need.

The key forward looks like he needs to stack on 20kg though

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
He seems as much a Key forward as Adelaides tom lynch.

I struggle to comprehend how we can burn a 2020 1st and Pick 29 for a guy who hasn't kicked more than 2 goals EVER in a Colts outing, and who only kicked 3 goals in the 2018 Champs.

I say that irrespective of future potential, because I genuinely like Georgiades as a future prospect and think he has potential to be a very adept floating tall, he speaks incredibly well and is an extremely high-character selection, but it's incredibly baffling from a resource management point of view. Saying he's the best tall forward in this draft isn't saying a whole heap either given the rest of the prospects available, it just seems like a very counter-intuitive selection especially given the height and what we had to give up to secure the 'best tall forward prospect' in an incredibly weak draft for those types. Sam De Koning being selected straight after shows how shallow the pool for talls is.

Bergman I like what he's able to do, but given that we've selected a forward flanker who hasn't averaged more than 15 disposals or a goal a game at any level this season, we better bloody well hope those shin splints were impacting him quite severely.

C9539DF6-66FB-4A3C-A89F-B1FF967F06FD.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the AFL we still have picks 22, 55, 60, 61. We will not cover a bid in the 20's for Mead with those numbers so...

We are probably going to need between 432 and 618 discounted points to match a bid depending where it comes. Adelaide have picks 24 and 25 so no prizes for guessing when the bid for Mead is most likely to come.

At the moment we have 465 points and for a bid at 24 or 25 we would need to cover 588 or 559 points.

I think we will be attempting to trade the 22 pick for a couple of picks to avoid a large deficit on Mead. If we could get someone to trade up for the 22 we could cover Mead and still have a couple of picks in the 60's.

We CAN just use pic k#18

Nightmares response to my question, who the fu** is Mitch Georgiades ?

"If he was 195cm and had played all year he would've been pick 1. Instead he's 191cm and missed the year with a corkie, but he lit up a game at the champs last year as a 17 year old. Great speed and hands on the lead. If Port look to play Dixon as the gorilla and a roaming lead up forward like Marshall or a 2nd ruck then Georgiades could make a really nice lead up option. Some DeGoey ish traits as a forward."
unnamed (1).gif unnamed (1).gif

Straight fire.

Where did you have him on yours?
I dont know enough to have my own board.

I am genuinely curious about this one.

I have seen a number of posters rating this pick in hindsight which is encouraging.

Just wondering why noone seemed to rate him prior.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Overall pretty happy with what we have done tonight, aside from the fact that we left kemp on the board who was probably my favourite from this draft. I really like Bergman. Very athletic and a beautiful kick. The recruiters obviously love something about Georgiades. I haven’t seen enough of him but big bodied athletic marking forward also sounds like the type of player we have wanted for a long time. See what we can do with the next pick, somehow getting 2 early picks tomorrow night and taking Gould or Worrell and Williams would be a massive win.

I dont know enough to have my own board.

I am genuinely curious about this one.

I have seen a number of posters rating this pick in hindsight which is encouraging.

Just wondering why noone seemed to rate him prior.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably never came up as no one thought we’d pick him. He was mocked around 30-45 on most phantoms.

It feels like a massive reach but let’s wait and see if it was worth it.

Boy oh boy these 3 guys are going to have a tonne of pressure on them very quickly with what we’ve traded out to acquire them though. Especially if we are rubbish next year and are handing over a top 6-7 pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back