Game Day 2019 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know enough to have my own board.

I am genuinely curious about this one.

I have seen a number of posters rating this pick in hindsight which is encouraging.

Just wondering why noone seemed to rate him prior.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No offence but we all know sweet fa about this stuff. We might think we do in hindsight or retrospect but at the end of the day we can’t judge these decisions on a NTTAWWTteenth of certainty. We all think we are experts on a mtv cut of footage or the DIY die hards that put in the hours of internet trawling but seriously, it’s all based on he said she said Chinese whispers.

Despite Robertson being so highly rated, I notice his highlights vid hardly ever shows him kicking. Hmmm... :)
Not an easy decision about who to grab with that next pick.

We CAN just use pic k#18

Which is now pick 22. If we did it would be another reason why our trading to get three first round picks was a waste of time. The original idea was to get picks 12, 16, 18 and Mead.

This is in serious danger of going pear shaped in more ways than one.

The melts are way over the top. Both Bergman & Georgiades have incredible upside, while players like Robertson, who many seem to have a hard on for, is an unreliable kick. Fair dinkum, this club doesn’t need to draft another poor user of the footy.

I’ll be very happy with Gould or Worrell with our next pick. Add Mead, & it’s a good draft outcome IMO.

Geez not much to pick from after the top group was there. Brodie Kemp is the only player that would have made this board happy.

After Bergman it went Cody Weightman, Cooper Stephens (?), Brodie Kemp, Mitch Georgiades (?), Sam De Koning, Sam Philp (?), Thomson Dow (?)

Despite Robertson being so highly rated, I notice his highlights vid hardly ever shows him kicking. Hmmm... :)
Not an easy decision about who to grab with that next pick.

Robertson is an ordinary kick, is fairly slow and probably has minimal scope for improvement. Not that he was ever really rated a top 10 pick, i'm not really surprised he's slipped a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robertson is an ordinary kick, is fairly slow and probably has minimal scope for improvement. Not that he was ever really rated a top 10 pick, i'm not really surprised he's slipped a bit.
Probably a player that will play 10-15 games next year, make an average impact and get some hype by the media but stagnate for the following years to follow..

If this fella actually leads at the footy then going to Port games might be fun again. We haven't had someone make a lead since Sarge.

Yeah, I noticed the bit about him being quick to the ball and a good mark. At 191cm he sounds more like a Jack Riewoldt than a Lance Franklin. The only downside is his 78kg frame. He will need to bulk up pretty quickly if he is to make a quick impact.

According to the AFL we still have picks 22, 55, 60, 61. We will not cover a bid in the 20's for Mead with those numbers so...

We are probably going to need between 432 and 618 discounted points to match a bid depending where it comes. Adelaide have picks 24 and 25 so no prizes for guessing when the bid for Mead is most likely to come.

At the moment we have 465 points and for a bid at 24 or 25 we would need to cover 588 or 559 points.

I think we will be attempting to trade the 22 pick for a couple of picks to avoid a large deficit on Mead. If we could get someone to trade up for the 22 we could cover Mead and still have a couple of picks in the 60's.

You've forgotten the maginness situation. Our picks will still move up one spot by way of Hawthorn matching a bid for him. That gives us enough points (524) to match a bid at 27. Given that worrel, Robertson, bianco, gould, sharp, Rivers and maginness still available I dont see a bid for Mead coming before then.

Dont mind moving from 20 to 22 dont think we would of picked dow of phlip anyway. were going to get offers from all over in the next 24 hours and someone could overpay. If we can send it to one of the teams with multiple picks in the second round who are gunning for someone like robertson who we wouldnt be keen on anyway and still pick up a kpd or gould + someone like sharp dont think it would be too bad

North have 28 29 32
Bombers 33 and 35
Tiges 40 41 42

We’ll go a tall defender tomorrow (Worrell or Gould) or Bianco or Rivers.

Honestly, just pick Robertson and we can overlook the other nonsense.

We could have had Kemp and Robertson tonight.
It’s a bloody governance issue within the club.
Where are the checks and balances to stop that sort of reckless drafting and it is reckless drafting.
Both of those players that we drafted tonight should not have been inside the top 20.
They just needed to pick solid top 20 draftees. That should never happen.

I had him top 6 coming into this year. He fell for me because its hard to rate someone who plays zero games in their draft year.

Some midfield scope, but finally we have a strong, fast, leadup forward with a great kick and strong hands.

Its a good pick.

My issue is he’s been out a year with injury, and we’ve given up pick 29 and a future 1st. If that’s a top 5 pick it’s a disaster.

According to the AFL we still have picks 22, 55, 60, 61. We will not cover a bid in the 20's for Mead with those numbers so...

We are probably going to need between 432 and 618 discounted points to match a bid depending where it comes. Adelaide have picks 24 and 25 so no prizes for guessing when the bid for Mead is most likely to come.

At the moment we have 465 points and for a bid at 24 or 25 we would need to cover 588 or 559 points.

I think we will be attempting to trade the 22 pick for a couple of picks to avoid a large deficit on Mead. If we could get someone to trade up for the 22 we could cover Mead and still have a couple of picks in the 60's.

I’m willing to bet a bid comes for mead post pick 35 and maybe later than 40.

We'd probably be quite open to this... but so would Norf and maybe Essendrug and Richmond

At least you go into tomorrow knowing you've got the number one pick, very handy position to be in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back