Game Day 2019 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a bloody governance issue within the club.
Where are the checks and balances to stop that sort of reckless drafting and it is reckless drafting.
Both of those players that we drafted tonight should not have been inside the top 20.
They just needed to pick solid top 20 draftees. That should never happen.

Not that I rate him that highly, but Bergman was widely considered a top 20 pick by a big majority of people

Dont mind moving from 20 to 22 dont think we would of picked dow of phlip anyway. were going to get offers from all over in the next 24 hours and someone could overpay. If we can send it to one of the teams with multiple picks in the second round who are gunning for someone like robertson who we wouldnt be keen on anyway and still pick up a kpd or gould + someone like sharp dont think it would be too bad

North have 28 29 32
Bombers 33 and 35
Tiges 40 41 42

Picks are all too late to get gould or a worthwhile kpd. We have kind of backed ourselves in to getting worrel or gould now based on GP stating we are looking at all thirds of the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We've got a group of players we still like, so we knew with the first pick tomorrow we could pick who we want," Parker said.

"Also sliding back gives us some points to match the (father-son) Jackson Mead bid and also with picks for next year.

"We've taken a couple of phone calls as to whether we want to trade it already. There's also a few players who we really like who are sitting there, so we're in a really good spot for tomorrow night."

"He turned up at the Combine in ripping physical condition, he tested really strongly, his interview was fantastic, we showed some vision to [coach Ken Hinkley and veteran Robbie Gray] and they couldn't be more excited to have him come to the club."

Parker said Georgiades is fully over his quad injury and will be right to go in round one.

#thegrayeffectstrikesagain

Stuck in a sickbed in Myanmar with wine vicious bug! Struggled to follow the draft...a real bummer ... In more ways than one!

I am glad we didn't take Kemp, too much risk with that acl. Bergman I like, any I really like Georgia Es! A few days ago I was trawling though the draft list looking for a potential smoke steal, and i came across his name. So I started looking for footage, and /or any articles on him. I really liked what I saw! I thought he would be a great pick in the 20's, but as it stands, there are a few pliers like Gould that I had at 18 that are still there, so nothing lost.

Someone here earlier begged Port to do something exciting, and stop being vanilla... well they heard. My call is that this is going to end up being a great draft for Port!

I expect Bergman and Georgiades to play games straight away.

Bergman can slot into the high forward role alongside Rozee and rotate with Gray, Boak and Ebert through the midfield.

Dixon, Marshall and Georgiades gives us a good looking forward line, especially with Lycett/Ladhams as resting ruck. All of them add something different the way that Roughead, Franklin and Gunston added something different for Hawthorn (not comparing them in terms of talent, just that they can work together in the same forward line). You can bet your ass that Georgiades won’t be leading to the same areas as all the other forwards.

Add Butters to the mix and you’ve literally got 6 players in your forward line that are under 23 (Ladhams, Marshall, Georgiades, Rozee, Butters, Bergman).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK. I am late to the party. Looking at the draft, I totally get the second trade:
TRADE ALERT
Another pick swap for Carlton! The Blues receive pick 20 from Port Adelaide, while giving up picks 22 and 55.

Carlton had picked Kemp at 17 (from a trade with GC), so we went for Georgiadis at 18. The difference between pick 20 and pick 22 is neglegible, so we got pick 55 Steve Dore loves so much ;). It was a no-brainer.

However, it was the SECOND trade. This was the first one:
TRADE ALERT
Port Adelaide receive pick No.66 and Fremantle's second-round selection next year while Fremantle has received picks No.52 and 55.

Can someone explain me the reason behind it? I am really struggling to understand.

Still available from my ratings:

7 - Worrell
11 - Gould
13 - Sharp
14 - Robertson
15 - Taylor
16 - Taheny
17 - Cassar
18 - Williams
20 - O Neill
22 - Rivers
24 - Rantall

Still available from my ratings:

7 - Worrell
11 - Gould
13 - Sharp
14 - Robertson
15 - Taylor
16 - Taheny
17 - Cassar
18 - Williams
20 - O Neill
22 - Rivers
24 - Rantall
Worrell seems to have his share of (not necessarily informed) doubters. Why do you rate him so highly?

OK. I am late to the party. Looking at the draft, I totally get the second trade:

Carlton had picked Kemp at 17 (from a trade with GC), so we went for Georgiadis at 18. The difference between pick 20 and pick 22 is neglegible, so we got pick 55 Steve Dore loves so much ;). It was a no-brainer.

However, it was the SECOND trade. This was the first one:

Can someone explain me the reason behind it? I am really struggling to understand.

First trade was when a bid came for Liam Henry at pick 9. Freo wanted draft points to prevent a deficit effecting their first rounder next year. We took that opportunity to get a future second.

The second trade was the real brilliance because it protects us from going into deficit for Mead now too assuming nobody bids on him before 27.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back