Game Day 2019 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Worrell seems to have his share of (not necessarily informed) doubters. Why do you rate him so highly?

He could be a flop but on field I rate his versatility, I think he has elite traits both as a defender and as a forward and I think he could make a very handy wingman as well.

Just wondering why noone seemed to rate him prior.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Id counter that argument by asking if you knew who he was prior.
Because just maybe people did rate him (albeit with the injury hanging over his head) but because we didn’t have him on our radar we weren’t paying attention to what they were saying.

Split the pick.

Get 2 more in the 20's
Pardon the intrusion, but do you want to risk them being wiped out by a Mead bid? I'm hoping Brisbane can make a deal for the pick to secure Robertson, but it seems to me if you trade back further than Adelaide's picks, you risk them bidding on Mead.

Of course, you could trade it for a pick next year, and that's why I hope Brisbane get in quickly with an acceptable offer.

Id counter that argument by asking if you knew who he was prior.
Because just maybe people did rate him (albeit with the injury hanging over his head) but because we didn’t have him on our radar we weren’t paying attention to what they were saying.
I picked him in the draft game as a smoky.

I thinking he might slide down to one of our later picks rather than up to one of our higher ones.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

OK. I am late to the party. Looking at the draft, I totally get the second trade:

Carlton had picked Kemp at 17 (from a trade with GC), so we went for Georgiadis at 18. The difference between pick 20 and pick 22 is neglegible, so we got pick 55 Steve Dore loves so much ;). It was a no-brainer.

However, it was the SECOND trade. This was the first one:

Can someone explain me the reason behind it? I am really struggling to understand.
In the first trade with Freo we basically gave away all the draft points we needed for Mead. We also basically wiped the entire deal we'd previously done with Brisbane. The net resuly being that we moved our 2nd rounder from 2019 to 2020. It also meant that if a bid for Mead came before 38 we'd go into deficit next year and our picks would be pushed back.

By trading 20 to 22, we lost very little, but gaining 55 meant that we gained a heap of points back which mean that we can now match any bid for Mead that comes at pick 28 or later, meaning no deficit.

The Freo trade was extremely strange, especially given the failure that was the Brisbane trade, but the Carlton trade was very good and saved our bacon

The pick of Mitchell also basically now equates to our 2020 1st pick. We traded the 2020 1st pick for Pick 18, and then took Mitchell. So he has a huge price tag to live up to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rangoon is hosting the International Exclamation Mark Awareness Conference.
It is written in English, but if it were in Pitjantjatjara it wouldn't have made any difference to me...

I think Geelong could be a good team to trade pick 22 with. they were linked with worral and robertson is a selwood type who hasn't got long left.

pick 22 to geelong for pick 26 and there 2020 1st rounder and send them 1 of our 3rd rounders next year also.

We should be able to still draft a Gould, Bianco, Jones type who were linked with port pre draft. slight risk of crows bidding on Mead but think its unlikely.

This is draft night:

Port fans:"What's a Miles Bergman?"

Parker: "He's a forward..mostly. He's got a bit of Boak, some Gray, crunched up Ebert, Motlop, Rozee, Hartlett, Duursma, some other players that are unidentifiable and I think a little bit of Butters actually, if I'm not mistaken."

Hinkley: "A little bit of glue."

Parker: "Yeah, you know, keep it traditional. He's like forward Neapolitan."

The solution is to touch the furry wall :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back