Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To be MVP of a side containing the Pick 1 and 2 at this year's champs you've gotta be impressive.

I decided to go and look at who had been Vic Metro MVP for the last few years, and where they'd gone in the draft.

2014: Christian Petracca (pick 2)
2015: Jade Gresham (pick 18)
2016: Andrew McGrath / Dylan Clarke (picks 1 and 63)
2017: Jack Higgins (pick 17)
2018: Bailey Smith (pick 7)
2019: Fischer McAsey (pick 7)

Pretty talented company to be in!

Last edited:

Robertson is still available and is exactly that
Port may not take him but I believe that Brisbane would like to take him. We might just miss out by one pick. For me I would love that we get him. I also want Gould. He is a big strong player and I think that we need someone like him. I wanted Valente last year but we didnt take him. Hope I get my wish this year.

Love that video from Nicks with his parents, massive having a coach who has gone through the same thing as Fischer in moving away from home at a young age. His parents didn’t seem too fussed about him moving either.
Didn't the McAsey family live in Thailand for five years?

If so a 45 minute plane flight is probably no big deal to see their son.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Looking at the highlights package again i think we have a beauty here. He’s a massive flight risk but that aside I think he has the traits to be a hell of a player.

Fingers crossed.

The thought of using our highest pick ever on a defender makes me sick.

I have a feeling Sydney going for Stephens blindsided us.

There is ZERO and i mean ZERO chance that we trade down the order if we were going for Stephens.

Looks like a Doedee/Talia type - strong marking types who have a good footy brain, allowing them to both defend well and can be used as marking forwards. Also seems very courageous and not afraid to throw his body around and crashing packs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those commenting on his reaction after being called by the Crows, need to also consider his thoughts on how he’d feel having to move out of home, no longer getting the usual dinners at home and no longer able to play Xbox360 with his friends/family (I’m assuming he has an Xbox360). Anyway, there will be a lot of mixed emotions weighing on kids looking to be drafted.

For those commenting on his reaction after being called by the Crows, need to also consider his thoughts on how he’d feel having to move out of home, no longer getting the usual dinners at home and no longer able to play Xbox360 with his friends/family (I’m assuming he has an Xbox360). Anyway, there will be a lot of mixed emotions weighing on kids looking to be drafted.
I hope, at least, that he would have a current gen console.

If none, then I would have gone for a speedy midfielder with elite disposal under pressure. This is the other major flaw in our midfield, none of them can deliver the ball at speed under pressure.
What you are describing is probably what we need Milera to become. I think he genuinely has all the tools, but hasn’t really broken out. We have seen glimpses of how polished he can be. If he can take that next step, look out!!

There is ZERO and i mean ZERO chance that we trade down the order if we were going for Stephens.
Not saying I have any facts or inside knowledge whatsoever, however if I'm Sydney and I wanted Stephens and Adelaide were in front of me, I'd be making it absolutely known that I was interested in someone else hoping and praying that Adelaide get out of the way.

Once Adelaide took the bait and were out of the way, i wouldn't be so guarded. I'd be interested in knowing when the links with Stephens and Sydney started.

Given their sneakiness last year and pushing the boundaries of draft rules, I rate the Sydney draft team highly, so wouldn't put this past them.

Back