Slashing the half time break to 10 minutes

Half time break should be?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So the grand final continues to be played during the day time... because 10 mins is too short for a half time concert.

And I thought the broadcaster wanted more breaks to show their adverts?

It all sounds very fishy to me.

Another Geelong rule, they did come out after half time in the prelim a bit flat, lost momentum in those 20 minutes in those sheds.

Plus the tigers are the best endurance team in the comp, we will just smash teams by even more in second halves when those teams who love to play fast forward footy completely conk out in second halves.

1) I like going outside for a kick of the footy with my son at half time

2) I like catching up with friends at half time

3) I like grabbing a beer at half time

4) I like buying something to eat at half time

If they want to halve the break, I'll halve my activity. I'll drop the last two off my list.

BTW I reckon the kids having a run at half time is terrific and helps build an audience for the next generation. But ah, well, what would I know?

Who are these people complaining about the length of a game?

Is it the person going to watch their team play? Not often I watch Carlton and say, geez this game is too long (unless being flogged hut any time will be too long haha)

Is it for the person who goes and watches another team play and has no vested interest? (Oh well, stiff s**t)

Is it for the person who has no life and watches 5 games a week?

Is it for the media who watch 5-9 games a week as part of their job? (Oh well stiff s**t)

Stop pandering to the people who watch too much footy and would obviously get bored. It's about people watching their club play footy and 20 mins plus time on is fine.

(Yes I know this is about half time but the next move will be to lessen game time)

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

As for the learning of half time:
1. Decent sized crowd, takes more than 10 mins to have a piss (especially women) or get something to eat
2. Auskickers - this is more important than someone getting bored, this is growing the game at the right age and getting kids interested in the sport. (but noone at AFL gives a s**t about that)

1. Decent sized crowd, takes more than 10 mins to have a piss (especially women) or get something to eat
2. Auskickers - this is more important than someone getting bored, this is growing the game at the right age and getting kids interested in the sport. (but noone at AFL gives a s**t about that)

I havent looked into it but have they said they will ditch this if they shorten the break? I guess they will have to...

I dont care either way until it comes to Auskick, watching the kids kick it around at half time is wonderful, its even better for the kids too... Playing in front of an MCG crowd on game day? Thats an afl fan for life right there.

It would be such a shame to lose it.

I havent looked into it but have they said they will ditch this if they shorten the break? I guess they will have to...

I dont care either way until it comes to Auskick, watching the kids kick it around at half time is wonderful, its even better for the kids too... Playing in front of an MCG crowd on game day? Thats an afl fan for life right there.

It would be such a shame to lose it.
If they play it would be for 5 mins max.

Just leave the game alone. Please.
Would have thought this wouldn't be great for players who need rest time between halves.

Stop screwing with the game you pack of plodders.
To be fair, this isn't really a "mess with the game" type change. It's more of an admin change, likely 10 minutes is a bit short but 15 is probably fine.

In terms of "rest" it's actually more beneficial for the players to keep moving at a very light intensity, that's why they walk around or often slowly cycle or whatnot, 10 minutes would still give time to recover aerobically although 15 would probably be better.

I think 15 is the best fit for player and spectator.

Another Geelong rule, they did come out after half time in the prelim a bit flat, lost momentum in those 20 minutes in those sheds.

Can't think of another reason why the Geelong cartel would get behind it, as shallow as it is.

Totally interrupts the established dynamic of a day at the footy. Almost a waste of time for the players to leave the ground. One quarter blurs into the next.

Of all the things the AFL does that nobody asked for, this is one of the least desirable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't think of another reason why the Geelong cartel would get behind it, as shallow as it is.

Totally interrupts the established dynamic of a day at the footy. Almost a waste of time for the players to leave the ground. One quarter blurs into the next.

Of all the things the AFL does that nobody asked for, this is one of the least desirable.
I was only half kidding around with the cats nonsense, overall though i just want Richmond to pick up a couple more flags so i can bid this game goodbye before the AFL completely destroy it.

I am thinking min 3 minutes for players to get off, 4 min to return and get to positions. Perhaps bring the oranges out to a huddle at half time. Only the AFL

And the proposed new rule to allow players to appeal a goal umpire's decision: You only have to watch how Geelong players appeal against every goal scored against them to know where this latest bit of Hocking nonsense has come from.

Plus the tigers are the best endurance team in the comp, we will just smash teams by even more in second halves when those teams who love to play fast forward footy completely conk out in second halves.
A geelong rule that advantges richmond. Wouldnt that make it a richmond rule? Geelong has done a number on you.

Most desirable you mean. Half times are boring. More football less boredom.

Are you guys playing in geelong this year? How about hawthorn or collingwood? F*** this cartel sucks.

1) I like going outside for a kick of the footy with my son at half time

2) I like catching up with friends at half time

3) I like grabbing a beer at half time

4) I like buying something to eat at half time

If they want to halve the break, I'll halve my activity. I'll drop the last two off my list.

BTW I reckon the kids having a run at half time is terrific and helps build an audience for the next generation. But ah, well, what would I know?
No one watches the half time kids. Literally no one. Even their parents dont bother.

Auskickers will be pre game.

Toilet break is an issue though.

Back