Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Due to injuries this season next year we can look forward too:

Sturt - Velente - Young - Serong and Henry...

Peel should be very strong and I would think there will be a decent cull of players are at the end of the season.

Heaps to look forward to next season with that crop.

My post copied from another thread

Pick 49 - 287
Pick 52 - 246
Pick 55 - 207
Pick 58 - 170
Total = 910 points

At the time of the Henry bid we only had 4 list spots available, I believe our pick 73 ceased to exist at this point, therefore 49,52,55,58 were utilised to pay for Henry. Then 73 returned into existence, hence why we now have pick 67, it went from 73 to 67 with the other picks disappearing for Green and Henry.

He was bid at pick 9: 1469 points - 20% discount = 1175 points

1175 - 910 points = 265 point deficit.

Pick 1 remains Pick 1
Pick 2 remains pick 2
Pick 3 becomes Pick 4
Pick 4 becomes Pick 5
Pick 5 becomes Pick 7
Pick 6 becomes Pick 8
Pick 7 becomes Pick 10
Pick 8 becomes Pick 11
Pick 9 becomes Pick 13
Pick 10 becomes Pick 14
etc etc
Pick 18 becomes Pick 24

Given the events of this evening do we pull the trigger on trading our 1st in 2020....all of Robertson, Rivers, Sharp, Taylor, etc left...if we could somehow nab two of these, I think it would be well worth it.

So to trade our future first do we need a future 4th and 3rd back?

Adelaide or Brissy may be interested in a 2020 1st for an early and late 2nd round but prob not if they also need to give up 2 future picks aswell :-/

Starting point: B.Hill, E.Langdon, Pick 26, our future 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds picks 2020

Finishing point: Pick 8 (Serong), Pick 9 (Henry), Aish, Acres, Melbourne future 2nd, Pick 67 (yet to be drafted), small down grade of future 1st

Line them up and it looks really really good

Hill - Henry
Langdon - Aish
Pick 26 - Acres
Future second - Serong
Future third and fourth - Melb future second
And Pick 67

3 of the players we have acquired are top 10 ten draft picks and the fourth is a first round pick.

Add in young and we have added 5 first round picks to our list this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Line them up and it looks really really good

Hill - Henry
Langdon - Aish
Pick 26 - Acres
Future second - Serong
Future third and fourth - Melb future second
And Pick 67

3 of the players we have acquired are top 10 ten draft picks and the fourth is a first round pick.

Add in young and we have added 5 first round picks to our list this year

I’d do them best to worst:
B.Hill - Serong
E.Langdon - Henry
Pick 26 - Aish
Future 2nd - Future 2nd (Melb)
Future 3rd - Acres
Future 4th - Pick 67

It’s not too bad; last year I think we did slightly better but we shat the bed draft wise, I think it was a mistake to trade futures for Valente because he was injured. He’s not yet recovered, I’m hoping but doubtful he comes good. It’s reminding me of the Balic trade, which was mental rather than physical, but still cost us for not much return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d do them best to worst:
B.Hill - Serong
E.Langdon - Henry
Pick 26 - Aish
Future 2nd - Future 2nd (Melb)
Future 3rd - Acres
Future 4th - Pick 67

It’s not too bad; last year I think we did slightly better but we shat the bed draft wise, I think it was a mistake to trade futures for Valente because he was injured. He’s not yet recovered, I’m hoping but doubtful he comes good. It’s reminding me of the Balic trade, which was mental rather than physical, but still cost us for not much return.

Serong needs to be replaced by Young thinking about it as Serong was our pick

With Young Serong Henry Dixon and North taking 5 list spots how many should we expect tomorrow?

At least one I’d think to take main list to 39

Who does that leave as our Rookies?

Edit: check website. That takes main list to 37. Hughes and Giro upgrade to 39.

1 live pick tomorrow

2 in rookie draft (1 Likely Menadue)

Thomas and Butters as cat B

If we only have 1 pick to fill I would save it for next year and try get Prior late

Last edited:
Who does that leave as our Rookies?

Edit: check website. That takes main list to 37. Hughes and Giro upgrade to 39.

1 live pick tomorrow

2 in rookie draft (1 Likely Menadue)

Thomas and Butters as cat B

If we only have 1 pick to fill I would save it for next year and try get Prior late

Pretty sure this is wrong. It's 0 in the rookie draft and 2 picks tomorrow. Or 1 pick and 1 rookie. Or we may hold a spot for a suplimental selection instead of the RD.
I know we have Carter listed as on the senior list on the freo website but I'm pretty sure he'll revert to Cat B.

Pretty sure this is wrong. It's 0 in the rookie draft and 2 picks tomorrow. Or 1 pick and 1 rookie. Or we may hold a spot for a suplimental selection instead of the RD.
I know we have Carter listed as on the senior list on the freo website but I'm pretty sure he'll revert to Cat B.

That's my impression as well.

What’s this about?

We just swapped existing pick from 2018 ND no futures??

Pushed 34 up to 30 and pushed 41 back (trade with WB). What I’ve seen of Valente is promising but certainly needs to get his body sorted. Bloke is quality - leadership material.

Many of the players, coaches and S&C have talked about a real shift in PS training over past few seasons in that the Pre-Christmas block is all about preparation for Jan/Feb.

Training watchers have noted very individual training programs and a large rehab group. Expect this to continue throughout Dec. re-evaluate this and Valente in January 2020.

No futures were burned in his trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back