Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. If you watch his draft night interview and he doesn't seem excited but if you go and watch his other pre-draft inteviews, he sounds exactly the same. Maybe that's just how he is.
Not many Neddy McHenry's around.....Neddy will soon liven him up don't you worry.;)

Looking at the highlights package again i think we have a beauty here. He’s a massive flight risk but that aside I think he has the traits to be a hell of a player.

Fingers crossed.
Thats my concern. He is a massive flight risk.

During his interview he said he was happy to get to an AFL club. Not Specifically the Crows. He also mentioned that he needs to learn from the likes of Talia and Tex. Thats all OK at the moment but it was also mentioned that the Hawks were into him as well. So we need to make sure we manage this investment and that means a lot of time being put into his parents. If we dont then in a few years this KPP could be very attractive to a Vic club.

People are just looking for the negatives.
Its not so much that we are looking for the negatives its more about our history that warns us that its a very strong possibility we could lose him. Lets face it the club has a few things to do regarding morale, culture and whilst a few steps have been made there are a few more moves that need to happen before we could feel confident that the club is a great environment.

I thought it was Hamill that was with Doods?
Sholl was with Doedee I know for certain, maybe both were but according to the Adelaide site they are both now with host families, I expect they'll be moving out pretty soon, usually they set the lads up 3 or 4 together in a home.

Thats my concern. He is a massive flight risk.

During his interview he said he was happy to get to an AFL club. Not Specifically the Crows. He also mentioned that he needs to learn from the likes of Talia and Tex. Thats all OK at the moment but it was also mentioned that the Hawks were into him as well. So we need to make sure we manage this investment and that means a lot of time being put into his parents. If we dont then in a few years this KPP could be very attractive to a Vic club.

There's no doubt Vic clubs will come calling. The question is how strong is our culture and how much are willing to pay to keep him.

Its not so much that we are looking for the negatives its more about our history that warns us that its a very strong possibility we could lose him. Lets face it the club has a few things to do regarding morale, culture and whilst a few steps have been made there are a few more moves that need to happen before we could feel confident that the club is a great environment.
The club is changing, I'm not as concerned now as I was 3 months ago.

Jeez we turned our culture around quickly
TBF he did probably only speak to Hamish, and very few of us don't rate him !!!

I also think the culture will turn around quick. Retention was an issue before Burton, so it's an area in need of work but as long as we know what the issue is then we can solve it.

I'd almost go as far as talking to ex-players who left to ask the question about why. If it's just money then so be it, but there has to be more to it and we have to find out what we can do better.

Not so much the Dangerfields who left after a decent tenure.

TBF he did probably only speak to Hamish, and very few of us don't rate him !!!

I also think the culture will turn around quick. Retention was an issue before Burton, so it's an area in need of work but as long as we know what the issue is then we can solve it.

I'd almost go as far as talking to ex-players who left to ask the question about why. If it's just money then so be it, but there has to be more to it and we have to find out what we can do better.

Not so much the Dangerfields who left after a decent tenure.
The club needs to line him up with a sweet, adorable, family oriented Adelaide girl** - hopefully he doesn't already have a longtime sweetheart he's bringing over with him - this worked with Talia.

**assumptions, of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

History also says their reaction on draft night has no relevance to whether they stay or go.
Subsequent events do though, and its fair to say that Burton, Campo and even Pyke leaving will increase our retention rate on its own.

That is literally the worst case scenario.
If we wanted Stephens we wouldn't have taken the risk full stop.
Surely if there is one particular guy you want then we wouldn’t trade. I thought it was well publicized that we were happy with a group of four and that’s why we traded. I don’t believe we wanted either one specifically, otherwise you don’t take the risk even with McAsey.

There's no doubt Vic clubs will come calling. The question is how strong is our culture and how much are willing to pay to keep him.
Ha ha .. mate if we go by that there's no point him getting on the plane in the first place!
All we have done is be the good old feeder club for Vic clubs.

Managed by Connors Sports i.e Paul Connors...

tumblr_oii9zsPudh1vnrg74o1_400.gifv

I can't stand low IQ individuals. They should be wiped from the genepool for the sake of the human race. It is disgusting that you morons masquerade as intelligent life forms stealing oxygen from higher beings.

Consider for half a second that what you took for utter disappointment was in fact- nerves. Nervous not to look stupid on camera, nervous about getting up on stage and NOT tripping, nervous to be shaking hands with a high flyer and then your new coach, then to give an interview live.

If you mistook that for sadness at joining a club he had been linked with for a long time and likely had a lot of contact with then remove yourself from the gene pool and don't reproduce. You are a burden on the species and like all burdens, you should be left to perish.

Just a bit of misanthropic eugenicism for a Thursday morning. Very normal.

Just a bit of misanthropic eugenicism for a Thursday morning. Very normal.
I don't know... I was all for the chemical castration of all Queenslanders after the Federal Election. Most of them have already been lobotomised, so they probably wouldn't notice or care.

I don't know... I was all for the chemical castration of all Queenslanders after the Federal Election. Most of them have already been lobotomised, so they probably wouldn't notice or care.

It took until this last federal election for you to realise that QLD is a cesspool?

Didn't he say that about Lever after?

I don't think he would say it before the draft as you open yourself to looking foolish.
He may have but Campbells Chunky confirmed that's who we wanted well prior to the draft

History also says their reaction on draft night has no relevance to whether they stay or go.
Subsequent events do though, and its fair to say that Burton, Campo and even Pyke leaving will increase our retention rate on its own.
The problem was there before Burton and Pyke

Back