Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Of course not. But it does tend to corroborate what I was told by a family member, i.e. he has followed his previous coach over to Oakleigh. Players change their mind all the time and he could end up at Waverley or somewhere else.
Did your mob have a crack at luring an old boy back while all the shenangins at the Monders was in play?

Where ever he ends up he'll be a loss to the Monders.

Jimmyjack

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Did your mob have a crack at luring an old boy back while all the shenangins at the Monders was in play?

Where ever he ends up he'll be a loss to the Monders.
I don’t believe so AM. He followed Ash to Ormond and he was always going to play wherever Ash went, or so I am told.

FootyFAQs

Rookie
Nov 12, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I am.
We are.
Why wouldn’t we.
No on our own.

Max “Rex Hunt” Leader

Are you in a position to confirm the story that your president was at lunch with two recently delisted GWS players about a month ago, and if they don't get new AFL homes in the pre-season draft they will be playing there football at Chelsworth next year?

Max Leader

Club Legend
Dec 6, 2005
Kaniva
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Kaniva
Are you in a position to confirm the story that your president was at lunch with two recently delisted GWS players about a month ago, and if they don't get new AFL homes in the pre-season draft they will be playing there football at Chelsworth next year?

I can confirm the President went to the lunch. Who was there was outside of my purview.

Max “Fingers crossed” Leader

FootyFAQs

Rookie
Nov 12, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
And now I hear Preston had a very good meeting with Matt Lobbe, who will name them his home club during his VFL stint at Werribee.
Anyone in hear able to confirm?

AM

Aug 18, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
And now I hear Preston had a very good meeting with Matt Lobbe, who will name them his home club during his VFL stint at Werribee.
Anyone in hear able to confirm?
PA doesn't often miss.

PTJXZoc.jpg

FootyFAQs

Rookie
Nov 12, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
PA doesn't often miss.

PTJXZoc.jpg

He is 100% playing VFL, I know that and will name Werribee on Wednesday.
He will then have two weeks to name a "home club" under the VFL and I was told by a close friend he had a very positive meeting with Preston.
Wondering if anyone can confirm that.

Max Leader

Club Legend
Dec 6, 2005
Kaniva
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Kaniva
With Pre-Season starting tonight for most clubs.

I hope the recruits are worth it,
The only injury during pre-season is sun burn,
All water bottles have been cleaned since the last game,
Some one remembered to contact the club physio ensuring that there is enough tape and ice,
After 5 minutes the old timers are saying that they have never seen some many on the track,
Schoolies will account for 90% of the Under 19's being absent.

Go Hoes

Max "too early" Leader

AM

Aug 18, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
No Roughhead will be better
Roughie to the Monders??

Re Garlett. I'm guessing that Mr Hat will have C.Cd' Mr Olo asking why he isn't off to AFL/SKOB. Seems the natural rite of passage for all AFL retirees directly to T.H. King is being threatened these days. Perhaps Garlett isn't managed by Pickers.;)

Last edited:

HumphreyBBear

Premium Platinum
Jul 23, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pleasing if a favorite son returned to his spiritual home. Be more than handy if he brought his son along too.
Yeah, I feel the same. There is something right about Barney at Ormond. Having played against them when they ruled the Ammos, and then having coached against Barney in the lower divisions, I am glad he's going home. Top bloke. Insane - but a top bloke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back