Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know the AFLPA is taking notes, for next time the AFL goes with the "no need for changes to FA, players are getting to where they want" narrative.

* me twice on Tuesday. These guys can't help themselves. Recovery in this game is hard enough. Damn dummies.

AFL will consider shortening the length of halftime break
A former AFL player has slammed the league’s proposal to change the length of the halftime break, which will have ramifications for Auskick matches, but it has the support of one club captain.

The AFL is considering slashing the halftime break from 20 minutes to 10 in a radical move aimed at reducing the length of football matches.

Club chief executives were briefed on the proposal by league supremo Gillon McLachlan and football operations boss Steve Hocking at a meeting at AFL House ahead of last night’s national draft.

That one club captain? Selwood.

I know a great way to dramatically improve the AFL ...... the most positive innovation imaginable.

SACK STEPHEN HOCKING IMMEDIATELY.

He's a show pony who thinks he can make himself famous in the annals of the AFL by being the great reformer.
All he's been doing over the last couple of years is progressively stuffing everything up.

Last edited:
I know a great way to dramatically improve the AFL ...... the most positive innovation imaginable.

He's a show pony who thinks he can make himself famous in the annals of the AFL by being the great reformer.
All he's being doing over the last couple of years is progressively stuff everything up.

He probably just asks Danger what to do anyway

All he's been doing over the last couple of years is progressively stuffing everything up.

Agreed, he is a silver tongued bell end who was nothing but a useless thug on the field.

The AFL executive are a bunch of ego maniacs driven by having their names plastered within the annals of history, where as, in reality their history will be based upon the wider football communities view which will be that they are a bunch of anals.

Fk Gil and Fk Hockbreathe.

Agreed, he is a silver tongued bell end who was nothing but a useless thug on the field.

The AFL executive are a bunch of ego maniacs driven by having their names plastered within the annals of history, where as, in reality their history will be based upon the wider football communities view which will be that they are a bunch of anals.

Well said

Nice

The other significant and worrying issue regarding these arrogant and self-entitled tribe of AFL executives is the exorbitant amounts they pay themselves.
I've seen some figures indicating the number of AFL executives who have annual salaries over $1 mill / over $800,000 / over $500,000 / when ultimately they're just various grades of extremely average but glorified pen pushers. Gil's salary is preposterous - I've been told it's significantly greater than the $$ millions that's officially disclosed.

But the real obscenity is not merely the ridiculous amounts they pay themselves - it's the fact that they all band together and say, as they did last week, that the AFL has to cut back on the money it pays to country grass roots football ($10,000 here, $10,00 there) - because the AFL simply can't afford it.

Well - how about finding a few extra million a year by -
1 cutting the AFL staff by 1/3rd, and
2 reducing the fat salaries of those remaining by 1/3rd.

Those remaining on cut salaries won't like it, of course, but they'll have to accept it because they know they wouldn't get a job anywhere else.

Last edited:
Nice

The other significant and worrying issue regarding these arrogant and self-entitled tribe of AFL executives is the exorbitant amounts they pay themselves.
I've seen some figures indicating the number of AFL executives who have annual salaries over $1 mill / over $800,000 / over $500,000 / when ultimately they're just various grades of extremely average but glorified pen pushers. Gil's salary is preposterous - I've been told it's significantly greater than the $$ millions that's officially disclosed.

But the real obscenity is not merely the ridiculous amounts they pay themselves - it's the fact that they all band together and say, as they did last week, that the AFL has to cut back on the money it pays to country grass roots football ($10,000 here, $10,00 there) - because the AFL simply can't afford it.

Those remaining on cut salaries won't like it, of course, but they'll have to accept it because they know they wouldn't get a job anywhere else.
The problem with current set up is that as directors of our game they not answerable to shareholders. The clubs have varying levels of power with most kowtowing as they are financially at the mercy of the AFL. They make Xi JinPing look like a really nice guy.

Fox Sports running with an article stating that last year Dodoro “poached a young gun from Hawthorn”. No wonder the flog believes his own hype with factually incorrect sh*t like this being put out there

who was this young gun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice

they have jobs with titles you wonder what the hell they do. And people still want to increase nubers of officials, make umps full time

yet the clubs employ runners who now arent allowed to do their jobs, thanks to a brainfart at HQ

Fox Sports running with an article stating that last year Dodoro “poached a young gun from Hawthorn”. No wonder the flog believes his own hype with factually incorrect sh*t like this being put out there
Well he has yet to play a bad game at AFL level for them.

Just catching up with this thread.

Reading about the merger surely bought up unwanted memories -such as when Don Scott held a demons jumper with a hawk attached to the
front that he ripped off, from memory it was a packed house at Camberwell Town Hall that night.
I know our membership back then was no great but we were loyal and passionate. Obviously I voted NO as did all those around me.
The last game of 1996 where hawks won by a point hold paper signs of NO merger and Chris Langford with his passion for the jumper.

Sad days indeed and now the club has bought in Rob Day's grandson, Scott Maginness son, other young boys are on the list who have a pride
for the jumper as hawk kids growing up, even Andy Otten at BHH.

Here's hoping for a bright future in the coming years.

BTW Someone has surely added up the list additions - I hope.
Is there still space on the playing list to add another player, a very quick look appears a rookie spot maybe available.
Can anyone confirm the numbers, thanks in advance...

Now that Gilcoast has won this draft period, I wonder at how much Gilmoney it will take to keep them...
There will need to be about half a dozen Gillionaires to keep the spine and the midfield up there
The rest will get traded for 1st round picks just like at GillWS

There will need to be about half a dozen Gillionaires to keep the spine and the midfield up there
The rest will get traded for 1st round picks just like at GillWS

Yes just think when the Gil Coast play GilWS in the Gil Final. 80k Of cardboard Gil placards in the stands to fill the MCG as the 5 supporters between the 2 clubs can’t make it, due to their teams playing in the NRL grand final the following week. 🙄

yep Gil will be kicking goals..

Yes just think when the Gil Coast play GilWS in the Gil Final. 80k Of cardboard Gil placards in the stands to fill the MCG as the 5 supporters between the 2 clubs can’t make it, due to their teams playing in the NRL grand final the following week. 🙄

yep Gil will be kicking goals..
Im sure they will hire actors to play supporters for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back