News New Jumpers For 2020 - All Changes In OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think they may have uploaded the wrong photo
The image had a broken link so I'm guessing it's been taken down.

Sorry about the quality, I had to use my phone because I'm in a bit of a rush.

View attachment 785996View attachment 785997
The double colour cuff and stick man and small club crest make me want to break something. Bring back xblades

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I just got a message from the Suns.

I asked them why this is the case and they replied with:

"We can't say too much right now but watch this space, we'll hopefully have some news soon"

More I think about it, the more I think this means there will be a sponsor going there :(

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I just got a message from the Suns.

I asked them why this is the case and they replied with:

"We can't say too much right now but watch this space, we'll hopefully have some news soon"

More I think about it, the more I think this means there will be a sponsor going there :(
Might be where the dare sponsorship is going. It is being placed there on the training gear and are being listed quite high.

Zer0

Team Captain
May 16, 2019
NSW/ACT
AFL Club
Melbourne
I can't speak for AFL sponsorship, but in the past, in other sports, the manufacturers sternum logo was actually sponsorship.

So once the design process was finishing, and they were finalising sponsorship, the sternum spot was given to the manufacturer with a first refusal option at a massively discounted rate.

So for example, and with 100% made up numbers, they were given the opportunity to place their logo on the sternum @ $50,000, which most would take up.

If they chose not to, they club could then sell the space to another company for $500,000.

That's why a lot of manufacturers logos in the NRL are now on the shoulders.

So in the case of the Suns and Saints, and I'm purely speculating, ISC have chosen not to take the bargain bin sponsorship, for whatever reasons, and it's been on sold to another sponsor

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
I can't speak for AFL sponsorship, but in the past, in other sports, the manufacturers sternum logo was actually sponsorship.

So once the design process was finishing, and they were finalising sponsorship, the sternum spot was given to the manufacturer with a first refusal option at a massively discounted rate.

So for example, and with 100% made up numbers, they were given the opportunity to place their logo on the sternum @ $50,000, which most would take up.

If they chose not to, they club could then sell the space to another company for $500,000.

That's why a lot of manufacturers logos in the NRL are now on the shoulders.

So in the case of the Suns and Saints, and I'm purely speculating, ISC have chosen not to take the bargain bin sponsorship, for whatever reasons, and it's been on sold to another sponsor

Again, there's no way the AFL allow teams to have extra sponsors in different areas of the jumper, to all other teams. There'd be strict guidelines as to where a spsonsors logo can go, and how many on each jumper (one on front, one on back) No way they just say, ok Suns and Saints, you can put some garbage flavoured milk logo or the like, under the collar, it just won't happen.

Again, there's no way the AFL allow teams to have extra sponsors in different areas of the jumper, to all other teams. There'd be strict guidelines as to where a spsonsors logo can go, and how many on each jumper (one on front, one on back) No way they just say, ok Suns and Saints, you can put some garbage flavoured milk logo or the like, under the collar, it just won't happen.
Unless say Adidas or someone has bought the space?
Is that even allowed?

Very odd

I hope.they don't open this can of worms...

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Unless say Adidas or someone has bought the space?
Is that even allowed?

Very odd

I hope.they don't open this can of worms...

Yeah I see what you mean, but it'd be hard to police, in the sense that where do you draw the line, and what do you allow and don't allow.

It is really weird, and like someone said earlier, the fit of the suns guernseys look terrible (although all the draftees are wearing retails, so that doesn't help)

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
The suns comment regarding the lack of isc logo is odd and, as with many on here, will be keeping track and will be most interested on this line of jumper/sponsor newsworthy-ness. This whole thing is just such a strange situation, with multiple clubs believed to be involved, and nobody really knows either why or what is going on here.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Zer0

Team Captain
May 16, 2019
NSW/ACT
AFL Club
Melbourne

Just gotta ask would the AFL knock back a struggling team to make x10 the amount in sponsorship for a spot that would otherwise reamain empty.

Not saying it's the right thing, but the AFL loves it when sponsors pay overs, enhances the product. Only reason to say no would be if the logo is too garish, or a conflict of interest with AFL sponsor.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's a Visit QLD or some GC Tourism deal

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
of all the clubs to put an additional sponsor on our guernsey, the suns ain't it. we're crying out for sponsors, one season we didn't even have a second major sponsor so the back of our guernsey was empty. hostplus's contract is up and they haven't announced what's going on there, so is huawei.

Mozzie_Squad

All Australian
Dec 13, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melb City, Storm, Stars
Lions fan's when we change apparel partners....
BeFunky-collage.jpg

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
In regards to the Saints/GC collar sponsor, if you consider the existing manufacturer logo as a sponsorship, then it's not a big leap to have a non-manufacturer logo in that space. It wouldn't contravene any AFL policy, because their policy probably already specifies a logo can go in that space.

The bit that makes it weird is a manufacturer deciding to not put their logo on their own product in that space.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I mentioned it earlier and was rubbished by a few members on the board, but my sources have once again told me that ISC are in the absolute s**t. Absolutely watch this space because it sounds like it's going to be picked up by another local manufacturer
Well if they were having troubles would they be signing new contracts with not only one but two teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back