Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Put this together based on a wizardwaffle design:

View attachment 783898 View attachment 783902

Thoughts, suns supporters? Would you like to see your club wear something like this? I'm a fan of the red jumper with yellow sides so I wanted to maintain that. It's unique in the AFL context and it's not the problem with the current design, the extremely 2000s logo is.
switch the white for Blue and we got a deal. The GC part could be made more obvious but otherwise really good

below are a few of the ideas i've come up with over the years, from newest to oldest.
i like the "GC" part of our current logo and reckon it could still be used in a revamp. im not a huge fan of having three primary colours as our main colours, especially where there are two other clubs that are very close. red & yellow symbolising the surf life savers is alright, i suppose, but if we are to use our third colour in our actual guernseys besides the just clash ("we are the ones in the red, gold and blue" lol) that would be better, just gotta figure out a way to whilst maintaining an effective brand & image.

if the afl still wants white clash strips then that becomes tricky. one of the options i came up with below shows a home guernsey with red & gold, an away guernsey as gold & blue which if worn for away games you could play the "take the beach with you" marketing card perhaps, and a white clash guernsey with red & gold to symbolise surf life savers whilst also utilising a traditional sash.

over on the footy jumpers forum, there's plenty of other ideas floating around too. i think if the club are brave and committed to it, they'd be able to come up with a slight refresh that would enhance our guernsey and give the naysayers one less reason to call our club "plastic"/"franchise".

wasnt trying to have a dig at your concept, i do like monograms, the simplicity and traditional look of carlton's is a classic but i'm not sure how well we'd be able to pull it off.
My favourite that I've seen out of the concepts of any is the last guernesy with the 22. It incorportates the blue and yellow well and looks simple yet cool. In real life it might be different but on a screen it looks wise

Bloody hell, finally got to the jersey with no blue hostplus clashing with the whole look, we get one year with decent jumpers and they chuck it out and go back to 2016 horror times. Seriously, we're supposed to be creating a whole new image for ourselves but everytime people see the same 2016-2017-2018 jersey they see the team fumbling around on a field. That's why I like the blue design so much. It's fresh, not many memories of failure attached to it

switch the white for Blue and we got a deal. The GC part could be made more obvious but otherwise really good

Ok, here you go. I left out the blue version because I prefer the Suns in red and gold only (it's basically how it is already) but I made this one to see how it'd look:
SunsAway2_1.png SunsAway3.png
Not sure how stringent the AFL are with the away = white shorts rule these days but if they are, there's the option

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just got a message from the Suns.

I asked them why this is the case and they replied with:

"We can't say too much right now but watch this space, we'll hopefully have some news soon"

More I think about it, the more I think this means there will be a sponsor going there :(

"We can't say too much right now but watch this space, we'll hopefully have some news soon"

More I think about it, the more I think this means there will be a sponsor going there :(
Strange place to have a sponsor..

Ok, here you go. I left out the blue version because I prefer the Suns in red and gold only (it's basically how it is already) but I made this one to see how it'd look:
View attachment 785880View attachment 785888
Not sure how stringent the AFL are with the away = white shorts rule these days but if they are, there's the option
That’s vile

Still seen nothing Suns guernsey wise since last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back