List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans got a ripper here

Really disappointed we didn't do anything. I'm damn keen on Finn and have hopes for Day, but this has been underwhelming to say the least based on all the hype regarding us making some big moves. Turned out to be a complete fizzer like the FA period.

Edit: before the e-police come at me I mean compared to what it promised to be.

What do you mean? We took the most talented kid that we rated in the first round and matched a bid on Finn?
and traded away pick 43 for a future pick 60, didn't have the smarts to do a side deal with North when we traded our 2nd rounder so they didn't bid on Finn etc. Could have made a play for Robertson or Williams at the start of the 2nd round and couldn't get a deal done. Very poor effort so far IMO.

Post trading we had 14 32 50 68....86 104
now we have day, finn, 57 62 71 etc etc and some extra in 2020

so first two picks up 4 slots each and 50 went back 7 slots 68 went up 6 slots

bitcoin mining (and having some reserve for contingencies) tells me we were determined to get Finn

Last edited:
and traded away pick 43 for a future pick 60, didn't have the smarts to do a side deal with North when we traded our 2nd rounder so they didn't bid on Finn etc. Could have made a play for Robertson or Williams at the start of the 2nd round and couldn't get a deal done. Very poor effort so far IMO.
We get points for next season instead of losing them just on Finn. You say we couldn't get a deal done for Robertson or Williams but maybe we don't rate them as first round talents?

Really disappointed we didn't do anything. I'm damn keen on Finn and have hopes for Day, but this has been underwhelming to say the least based on all the hype regarding us making some big moves. Turned out to be a complete fizzer like the FA period.
Underwhelming? We used our first rounder & then matched a bid for Finn. That's basically what everyone was expecting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

didnt the sydney rule preclude us from trading a second timewith north?

Edit: before the e-police come at me I mean compared to what it promised to be.
What did it 'promise to be'?

Everyone - myself included- fantasised about trading up all over the place, some of you convinced yourselved we were destined to win big.

We used out 1st rd pick and got finn for bugger all.

Not sure what you expected, honestly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back