UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn, I only tuned into the last few minutes but that looked liked and sounded like a fun match to watch. What a sitter at the end by the Valencia forward. I loved how both sides weren’t playing for a draw.
Dunno, missing a penalty and three sitters it seemed like Valencia was trying to draw.

Draw a great result for us, we looked absolutely buggered coming off the City game and they really should have beaten us.

Nice to see Kovacic with his first Chelsea goal. James should be our jumber 1 RB from now on, we do need to buy a new LB too(Chilwell please). And a fantastic pen save from Kepa. I think Frank made a mistake not starting Mount too.

Hurry up and get fit RLC and Rudiger.

Napoli and Crystal Palace in the same week. Can’t remember the last time we played well against either of them. Will need at least a draw at Salzburg away to guarantee qualification to the next round.

Draw a great result for us, we looked absolutely buggered coming off the City game and they really should have beaten us.

Nice to see Kovacic with his first Chelsea goal. James should be our jumber 1 RB from now on, we do need to buy a new LB too(Chilwell please). And a fantastic pen save from Kepa. I think Frank made a mistake not starting Mount too.

Hurry up and get fit RLC and Rudiger.
I watched that game it was a cracker and you played really well for a lot of it, but you were just way too open at times. Valencia really should have had five or six goals but in many ways Chelsea looked the better team. One of the strangest games I’ve watched for a long time

Positive result for Napoli this morning, wasn't expecting that given recent form and all the internal fighting. We've done well against Liverpool last 2 seasons.

Draw last game at home vs Genk gets us through.

I watched that game it was a cracker and you played really well for a lot of it, but you were just way too open at times. Valencia really should have had five or six goals but in many ways Chelsea looked the better team. One of the strangest games I’ve watched for a long time
Nearly exactly the same as the reverse fixture. We probably should’ve had 3-4 against them. We’ve had some cracking games in the CL so far, probably should’ve already qualified, first Valencia game and against a 9 men Ajax.. if we can just get that back 4 organised we’ll be right. Need Ajax to do us a favour and we’re just about through.

Edit: Just checked the tables and looks like we’re guaranteed to go through if we win our next one. Didn’t realise how good a result the draw actually was.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiebreakers
Teams are ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss), and if tied on points, the following tiebreaking criteria are applied, in the order given, to determine the rankings (Regulations Articles 17.01):[2]
  1. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  4. Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
If that were to happen, I'm pretty sure that would mean Napoli finish top and Salzburg 2nd due to:

Napoli 2W (vs Liverpool, @Salzburg) 2D (Salzburg, Liverpool)
Liverpool W (vs Salzburg) D (vs Napoli) 2L (@Napoli, @Salzburg)
Salzburg (W vs Liverpool) D (@Napoli) 2L (vs Napoli, Liverpool)

And then Salzburg's superior goal difference wold put them over Liverpool (currently +5 vs +3, but gap would widen with a Salzburg win)

If that were to happen, I'm pretty sure that would mean Napoli finish top and Salzburg 2nd due to:

And then Salzburg's superior goal difference wold put them over Liverpool (currently +5 vs +3, but gap would widen with a Salzburg win)

If Liverpool lost 5-4 they go through in that case (better h2h record with Salzburg).

He wasn't, he was when drunk at the wheel played him out wide. Where has that got them?
Fair to say that I watched more of him at United than you...he was pony. Scored a few goals but destroyed all our link up play with his poor control and passing.

Yet he did something rashford can't do. Score goals for fun.
Pretty sure Rashford has 10 goals in his last 11 games. Big Rom scores goals for fun against poor teams but shits the bed when the pressure is on.

Goals scored? Wouldn't it be goal difference involved with the 3 teams games first? Essentially looks like Liverpool are gone if they lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back