Player Watch Trey Ruscoe (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Curious what his selection means for our other you KPP’s. Of them I think Keane/Kelly, Wilson, Tohill are the order in terms of likeliness of “making it”.

Know there was talk that Kelly was being trained as a forward so maybe Keane and Trey as young KPD’s and Kelly, Wilson and Tohill as KPF’s?

I like the look of Ruscoe. He has size and the aggression to use it, good kicking and the guts to take on the corridor, endurance with a good side step, reads it well in the air and intercepts. His production was okay averaging 20 disposals per game at Colts and 15 in the u18 champs from defence. Seems to have a lot to work with and is pretty well rounded for such a late pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like what I read about this young man - his height is certainly a plus for one thing and combined with some toughness and tenacity - maybe a young Goldy, as mentioned above !!! Just hope he'll cope alright with the big shift to Melbourne. :worried: It can be a big demand on some of these kids. I guess the club will look after him well.

I think someone has already mentioned it but he looks to have come from the same mould as Goldsack.

192cm, competitive beast and multi positional.

As one retires, another rises.

I like we brought this fresh meat into the club.

So he's got Jake Stringer's body, regularly kicks bags of 8, and is a star defender with genuine aggression and physicality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back