List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously we can’t win. Even from some of our own supporters. Overpay and we get criticised. Play tough for a fair price a la O’Meara, Prestia and Martin and we get criticised. This criticism reeks of jealousy from opposition supporters and never being satisfied from our own supporters.
Cheer up. It’s the only time of year Suns supporters get any joy and hope. Stop being negative Nellies.

This.

Seriously we can’t win. Even from some of our own supporters. Overpay and we get criticised. Play tough for a fair price a la O’Meara, Prestia and Martin and we get criticised. This criticism reeks of jealousy from opposition supporters and never being satisfied from our own supporters.
Cheer up. It’s the only time of year Suns supporters get any joy and hope. Stop being negative Nellies.

Agree

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I hope we don't chuck rowell and anderson in the midfield just to show them off. In the past we've done that and all they do is get injured
Rowell is ready to work into a midfield position. 10000% ready like Walsh last year. Flanders and Anderson can play forward with a light mid stints

Isn’t this a forum to share and debate opinions and ideas amongst other invested fans?

THE mature-age cousin of Carlton’s Sam Petrevski-Seton has stepped up in class this season after initially playing in the amateur leagues, representing Adelaide’s SANFL Reserves in two games. While still very raw with consistency and endurance to work on, Farrar has nice upside with great athletic traits such as his speed (2.9 seconds) and agility (8.18 seconds) shown off at the State Combine. He his coming up to the right age for mature prospects and is a good height to boot, but may have to have an extended impact at the state league level after having just six disposals in each of his SANFL outings. Farrer tackles well and can find the goals, offering excitement at the next level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t mind the sharp pick even though we paid overs, but is it really that hard to believe some might not be happy that we just traded pick 11 for pick 27?

We most likely could’ve gotten a lot more creative, but we got our guy at the end of the day.

Hopefully he continues on with it and fulfills his potential. Looks a real player!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s the beauty of a forum, many different opinions, no one has to agree with them, just respect and appreciate them

passion takes many different forms, but it’s passion just the same

I am happy to be criticised, I don’t pretend I am perfect and am as wrong as often as I am right but I don’t see many other clubs constantly giving up overs like we do. 11 for 27, 2 for Weller, Martin for zip, Harley given away for some magic beans

I think you’re off the mark there. I still believe in the Weller deal. This Sharp deal 27 now for 11 next year, is a good deal. Next years draft is severely compromised, so 27 in this years draft could equal about 11 next year anyway. Plus, I think you need to back in the list strategy of Cameron, Burns & Haines. There strategy next year is probably to switch to Academy kids and trading in AFL talent (not going to the draft for more kids). Let’s not keep going over mistakes of the previous regime. Let’s back the current team in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This highlights package! I don't wanna get carried away guys, but we could have someone as good as Mackenzie Willis, of not better!

I think you’re off the mark there. I still believe in the Weller deal. This Sharp deal 27 now for 11 next year, is a good deal. Next years draft is severely compromised, so 27 in this years draft could equal about 11 next year anyway. Plus, I think you need to back in the list strategy of Cameron, Burns & Haines. There strategy next year is probably to switch to Academy kids and trading in AFL talent (not going to the draft for more kids). Let’s not keep going over mistakes of the previous regime. Let’s back the current team in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
To bring someone we wanted and pay with an extra pick 11 that we got from AFL is a no brainer. Pick 11 next year will be 14-15 due to 30% F/S, academy, NGA first 30 picks. Most analysts claim next draft is not as strong as this year. Next year we still got our pick (1-6) plus free pre-sign option. Davies, Jeffrey are both projected to be round 1 quality. So that's basically 3 first round picks next year, 2 of them for free.

Sharp looks very promising, exactly what we need on the outside. We wanted him, he is in now and we can start developing him. Why to wait for someone next year. We don't have a luxury to wait.

Thanks AFL for picks 11 and 20. We got 2 high quality players because of them. Pre-sign is also great assistance. Budarick, Rosas for free. Compare with Lions - Essendon and Richmond put them under pressure with academy, F/S players. They hanged onto Coleman but Cumberland, Martyn, Johnson are gone (not sure how many they actually wanted to keep).

3 spots still available on rookies list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back