• A - really great

• B - pretty good

• C - okay

• D - could have been better

• E - could have been a lot better

• F - terrible!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

In the end, pretty happy with McAsey and Worrell. We needed KPP’s and perhaps got the best 2 in this draft. 👍
A bit underwhelmed by our other picks. Was hoping we would trade up to get Kemp when it got into the teens. Could we have got a mid teens pick for one of our 20’s and a future pick?Kemp>>>>Schoenberg I would have thought.
Had never even heard of either of our last 2. I’m no expert on these things, but I did read a lot of profiles on the AFL site and don’t think I saw either. Could probably have selected either or both of O’Connor or Gollant in the rookie draft.

I gave us a C.
2.5 out of 5.

Last edited:

Very comfortable with picks 1, 2 & 3 - addresses some real needs and these kids like like they can really play.

I know absolutely nothing about picks 4 & 5 and would have liked us to pick others at both picks based only on what I have seen and read leading up to the draft. Lets see how tomorrow goes rookie draftwise - maybe we can jag a gem or 2!!

I gave it a B. Top 3 all look great, the next two are longshots, but have physical traits that make them standouts for our side in that regard, but questions over if they can become players.
Yeah , B to B+ which could end up being an A depending on the Hame specials

I think it's awesome other side's are picking up players from our SANFL side. It's a great result for us and will allow us to recruit better top-ups with the knowledge it could lead to an AFL career.
James Matthews has been training with us full time for 3 months now too, would be very surprised if he isn’t selected tomorrow

Disappointed as I thought we had a very good draft hand, really wanted some outside speed to go with our inside mids.

This draft has proven to me that we are in a complete rebuild and will suffer a little over the next 2 or 3 years but we are a premiership threat. I’m good with that and it should be exciting times ahead if we play the kids.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the end, pretty happy with McAsey and Worrell. We needed KPP’s and perhaps got the best 2 in this draft. 👍
A bit underwhelmed by our other picks. Was hoping we would trade up to get Kemp when it got into the teens. Could we have got a mid teens pick for one of our 20’s and a future pick?Kemp>>>>Schoenberg I would have thought.
Had never even heard of either of our last 2. I’m no expert on these things, but I did read a lot of profiles on the AFL site and don’t think I saw either. Could probably have selected either or both of O’Connor or Gollant in the rookie draft.
Refer to a post in the thread on Gollant, he wasn’t getting past the Giants next pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy to give it an A

McAsey and Worrell look likely to be KPP we can build around alongside Fogarty, and Schoenburg looks like a fine player (who'll hopefully put more work into pinch-hitting as a forward as I want versatility in my midfield unit). I also wanted a big bodied midfielder, and O'Connor looks like a pretty intriguing prospect there. Gollard looks like a 3 year delist, but I was happy to go for a project player with 48.

I gave it a B. Top 3 all look great, the next two are longshots, but have physical traits that make them standouts for our side in that regard, but questions over if they can become players.
Don't think O'Connor is that much of a longshot, a bit left field at that pick maybe but he played all 4 Championships games for WA, Captained Claremont Colts to their Premiership and was invited to the AFL National Draft Combine which required at least 5 AFL Clubs nominate him.

Gollant however never even made the Vic Metro 36 man squad let alone play Championships and was only invited to the Victorian State Combine which only requires 2 AFL clubs to nominate him....that is a true longshot.

Don't think O'Connor is that much of a longshot, a bit left field at that pick maybe but he played all 4 Championships games for WA, Captained Claremont Colts to their Premiership and was invited to the AFL National Draft Combine which required at least 5 AFL Clubs nominate him.

Gollant however never even made the Vic Metro 36 man squad let alone play Championships and was only invited to the Victorian State Combine which only requires 2 AFL clubs to nominate him....that is a true longshot.
Sounds like those two clubs were us and GWS

Not a bad Draft and Trade,
We covered the loss of JJ, Keath and Otten with younger Quicker and you could say more aggressive players, Re JJ-Framptom.
We covered the loss of Greenwood and CEY with younger players and one quicker player in O'Conner
Douglas, we covered with Schoenberg

Betts possibly Mathews

I’d go around the A- to B+ mark. Hamish pretty much nailed the first three picks for what we need, setting up our spine for a decade as well as adding a balanced mid prospect from SA. O’Connor could surprise from what I’ve read, too, some really nice base traits

I think that Kevin Sheehan nailed it when he was asked about Adelaide's draft effort. His response was that we did well with our first 3 picks. Full stop - no comment on the last 2 at all.

McAsey and Worrell are quality picks in an area that we really need coming through - and are versatile as well. Schoenberg is likely to be a good AFL mid-fielder. As Shifter said, we have done well with our first 3 picks.

I certainly wouldn't write O'Connor off, but looks like he needs a bit of polish. He sounds very Irish so if he doesn't make it , it won't be because he didn't have a decent crack at it. i hope he does because it certainly looked like there were other names there that looked likely types.

Gollant is the mystery one. Looks like a long term gamble that could be a future uncovered nugget.

Time will tell if the colour is Gold or Brown.

I think that Kevin Sheehan nailed it when he was asked about Adelaide's draft effort. His response was that we did well with our first 3 picks. Full stop - no comment on the last 2 at all.

McAsey and Worrell are quality picks in an area that we really need coming through - and are versatile as well. Schoenberg is likely to be a good AFL mid-fielder. As Shifter said, we have done well with our first 3 picks.

I certainly wouldn't write O'Connor off, but looks like he needs a bit of polish. He sounds very Irish so if he doesn't make it , it won't be because he didn't have a decent crack at it. i hope he does because it certainly looked like there were other names there that looked likely types.

Gollant is the mystery one. Looks like a long term gamble that could be a future uncovered nugget.

Time will tell if the colour is Gold or Brown.

Think how I feel, love first three but last two left scratching my head, especially what was left on the board. Looking forward to see what the rookie draft brings

We covered the loss of JJ, Keath and Otten with younger Quicker and you could say more aggressive players, Re JJ-Framptom.
We covered the loss of Greenwood and CEY with younger players and one quicker player in O'Conner

Betts possibly Mathews

I assume by ‘covered’, you mean ‘upgraded’

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Betts possibly Mathews

Speed needs to be addressed in the rookie draft, not one line breaker amongst that lot.

Back