List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone reckon they know the best ready-made small forward left for the rookie draft tomorrow? Possibly a mature age so they can likely play next year

Sam Lowson? 24yo, Coburg, VFL.

Kicked a stack of goals at the beginning of the VFL season, was said to be in line for selection at mid-season draft. Got injured at the last minute.

Is quick, can jump, Ioves an I50 tackle.

They definitely don't look good on paper.

Just a thought … do you think footy smarts … skips a generation? A year?

There are star players every year of the draft.

Anyone reckon they know the best ready-made small forward left for the rookie draft tomorrow? Possibly a mature age so they can likely play next year
Ben Sokol although I suspect we will invite a couple to train with us and keep our pick for the SSP, would like us to invite Sokol to train rather him than Webb or Deluca.

SOS's phone is still ringing, other list managers wanting to borrow his beanbag's.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wouldn't surprise me if both Gold Coast and Carlton were after Sharp. GC knew this so decided to throw everything at the trade.

What they did just didn't make any sense. Next years draft may be compromised, but even so, what they gave up was too much.
Don’t fret.If GC perform poorly next year the AFL will look after them again

Looks like we really value resilience in our draft picks both Philp and Ramsay rejected for Metro selection and both went on to have excellent second half’s to there year, also with Kemp I heard an interview with Serong and Dow and they said that an hour after he did his acl he was back to his normal happy self and positive about the future which inspired both boys, RESILIENCE is the word thAt typifies our draft picks and is a great trait to have especially as an AFL player and athlete, shows we draft a lot for character in our players. 👍🏽😀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we really value resilience in our draft picks both Philp and Ramsay rejected for Metro selection and both went on to have excellent second half’s to there year, also with Kemp I heard an interview with Serong and Dow and they said that an hour after he did his acl he was back to his normal happy self and positive about the future which inspired both boys, RESILIENCE is the word thAt typifies our draft picks and is a great trait to have especially as an AFL player and athlete, shows we draft a lot for character in our players. 👍🏽😀
Now this is the sort of positivity that makes complete sense.Post of the week.👍

Holy s**t, anyone check out the draft debt Freo and GWS have got for 2020 because of SOS? So that essentially hurts Adelaide as GWS pick is the Crows? SOS killed it in last years trade even more last night lol.

Compromised draft + draft debt. Crows pick from GWS will probably be 30-40. SOS probably made the bids on Henry and Green with the Crows in mind.
I’m pretty sure it won’t effect a traded pick, it will just send there second round pick back further

I am wrapped we picked all mids. The midfield is our biggest deficiency. We have eddie and next year we can target some small forwards and a developing ruck. Everything during 2019 draft was thrown at getting it out of the middle and delivered into the forward line
I'm not, if certain players who shall remain nameless didn't have underwhelming seasons we could have mixed things up a bit. We are forever chasing our tails trying to make thinks right, just for another area of 'need' to raise its ugly head when we least expect it. Our forward line, for instance, doesn't look so hot if McKay and Charlie are forever getting injured.

According to Fox footy at the start of the telecast it’s Mitchell Ablett, can’t even get there own commentators names right, pathetic.
Missed that, not suprised telecast tonight was bloody ordinary if their fairdinkum, for a start, Tom Morris needs to be replaced immediately he's about as bad as you can get. Listening or watching him makes my ears and eyes bleed...

Now this is the sort of positivity that makes complete sense.Post of the week.👍
Thanks for that appreciate it, on another note how good is our VFL midfield going to be over the next few years, has the makings of a sharp rise up the ladder for the Northern boys, just have to be rapt with our midfield depth now has to be the envy of the AFL, getting right up there with GWS in terms of talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back