Player Watch Pick #23 (2019) - Dylan Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely different player to Farrell

When he’s deep he plays like Robbie gray, loves to put a player on his hip, use his body read the drop of the ball and beat his opponent.

He’s very solid through that core.

Hinkley will probably love him because he’s super well suited to kens bomb it to a small forward game plan. If he plays Sam grays role he will do what sams failed at.

So stoked we picked him up. Never thought he'd be a Port Adelaide player. Has more x-factor and genuine match winning ability than just about any other player this draft. Could be the best value pick of the draft.
Hope so . Is there footage that show it? I watched the footage on the afl site he looks handy but not stand out. At least we have 3 young forwards with potential now.

It’s as if our recruiters were in a coma through 2019. Williams and Georgiades top 10 picks this time last year, Mead wins U18 GF BOG In 2018. They probably spent 10,000 hours and literally would have made the same picks if they had spent all that time playing Fortnite with Wingard.

Power land 'biggest steal of the draft'
Brisbane moved up in the draft on night two for one reason, to nab the player many expected to be taken comfortably inside the first round.

Deven Robertson was taken with pick 22, adding the big bodied midfielder to their exciting list.

"He's the best young leader I've seen in my time since Jack Viney and the cleanest inside midfielder in the draft," Mick Ablett said on Fox Footy's coverage.

But it was Port Adelaide who moved down one spot, and still managed to draft a sensational future star in Dylan Williams.

Williams was tipped as a top overall pick only 12 months ago and could go down as one of the biggest steals.

It’s as if our recruiters were in a coma through 2019. Williams and Georgiades top 10 picks this time last year, Mead wins U18 GF BOG In 2018. They probably spent 10,000 hours and literally would have made the same picks if they had spent all that time playing Fortnite with Wingard.
We've also picked 3 guys with injury plagued 2019's, very interesting strategy. Lets hope it pays off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope so . Is there footage that show it? I watched the footage on the afl site he looks handy but not stand out. At least we have 3 young forwards with potential now.

Check out his 4 goals here in the 2018 TAC Cup GF. He's #22 for Oakleigh

And his 4 goals in the Prelim.

And 6 goals in the Elimination Final as well

14 goals in 3 finals as a bottom ager. Unheard of. This is why he was a legitimate chance as #1 at the start of the season. He shows legitimate forward nous, great positioning, ability to mark well, uncanny goal sense, great pace off the mark. He's got the works.

If these highlights don't excite people then I give up

14 goals in 3 finals as a bottom ager. Unheard of. This is why he was a legitimate chance as #1 at the start of the season. He shows legitimate forward nous, great positioning, ability to mark well, uncanny goal sense, great pace off the mark. He's got the works.

His 3rd goal in the GF - the half volley at full tilt, spin and snap. I'll echo the commentator - ridiculous!

Thanks man I can see he snap goals left and right and knows where the goals are . A medium forward type that could kick plenty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back