AFL Club
Hawthorn
Screenshot_20191128-220002_Chrome.jpg

SuperSic

All Australian
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Really hoping that he likes to tackle as we desperately need a speedy pressure forward.

Seems to have great goalsense and a beautiful set shot. He does seem to be a little bit goal hungry from his highlights though, he burned teammates a few times to have a shot.

Anyhow, best of luck Josh. May you serve the brown and gold well.

MisterBean

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Hawks
Chuck Morris...i like him
Say, did you hear about the 4 defenders that Josh "Chuck" Morris kicked 5 goals on?
They ended up not getting drafted.

Did you hear about defender who kept Josh "Chuck" Morris goalless?
He ended up with various roundhouse-kick related injuries, and as a result, didn't get drafted either.

When Josh "Chuck" Morris decides to he is going to be first to the ball ...
His opponent ends up chasing tail all day.

Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Thanks again for the videos.

Morris certainly looks like a very good forward and the quintessential late pick: talented & speculative (like Walker).
His forward craft seems to be elite and he reads the ball off the boot very early - a huge advantage for a forward.
As others have noted, his goal kicking technique is beautiful to watch and he does remind me of the Dunstall/Ablett/Jakovich mould of full-foward.

His speed off the mark hints at some potential for him to develop into a powerful unit for his build.
We don't need to teach this guy how to be a forward.
I'd like to see him get more involved in general play (he's got a v.low possession count, prob. bc he plays as a stay at home forward).
So long as he brings a strong work ethic and buys into the team first ethos, I can see the potential for him to become a senior player.
Having him and Walker in the forward line will create problems for the opposition. Fast, athletic and strong overhead/pack marks - who are also good when the ball hits the ground. That's not easy to counter.

Thought we would of learnt a lesson about picking undersized full forwards after Matt little, but hopefully this kid has a few more strings to his bow
We should have learnt and never drafted a forward again... 🤪

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Turning 18 in November I think. And he still has some weight to put on.

I was really impressed with his ability to read the flight of the ball and his soft hands.

He averaged 4.7 goals a game and was really consistent, kicking 5,6,5,5,6,3,3
That's a ridiculous scoring amount for an "undersized" bottom age draft pick that still needs a year of development to his peers to be on par

Back