Past 33. Sam Ramsay

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
I really like the cut of his jib.

The start of the night I'll admit I'd never heard of him....but after seeing his highlights package, and form turnaround in the second half of 2019 when they finally played him in position, I can see Chas B and AA written all over him :thumbsu:;)

Welcome on board Sammy....everyone looks better in navy blue

GordonBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Highlights will do that

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
Truth be told, I think highlight reels go a long way.

Kane Lucas, Josh Bootsma and Paddy Dow all had less than impressive highlight reel. Paddy the best out of those, however the same short kicks or missing targets was all over his highlght reel.

The Paddy Dow draft, basically everyone's highlights were average. Rayner, LDL, Cerra, Brayshaw etc and imo all are just average players.

Crippa's highlights were amazing and after seeing them I fell in love.

Also remember seeing Clayton Oliver's highlights and thought he had the best out of the pack... even when he was spoken about in the late teens.

In the same draft, Schache highlights were average. I had him rated so low because of them and he turned out exactly as I expected.

Not in any way am I saying Ramsay is going to be a gun, but based on what I just watched, he has every opportunity to become a bargain pick.

For what is supposed to be a weak drafts, the highlight packages of Kemp, Philp and Ramsay are all great. Really excited about our picks.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Truth be told, I think highlight reels go a long way.

Kane Lucas, Josh Bootsma and Paddy Dow all had less than impressive highlight reel. Paddy the best out of those, however the same short kicks or missing targets was all over his highlght reel.

The Paddy Dow draft, basically everyone's highlights were average. Rayner, LDL, Cerra, Brayshaw etc and imo all are just average players.

Crippa's highlights were amazing and after seeing them I fell in love.

Also remember seeing Clayton Oliver's highlights and thought he had the best out of the pack... even when he was spoken about in the late teens.

In the same draft, Schache highlights were average. I had him rated so low because of them and he turned out exactly as I expected.

Not in any way am I saying Ramsay is going to be a gun, but based on what I just watched, he has every opportunity to become a bargain pick.

For what is supposed to be a weak drafts, the highlight packages of Kemp, Philp and Ramsay are all great. Really excited about our picks.
Absolutely spot on....highlights packages can show the capabilities of a player, and all three have sensational packages....as opposed to poor ol' Finbar last year, which showed him tacking a few other kids and getting a kick or two, god bless the big fella.

I like the way that we have looked at kids who look like they have shown huge upside during the course of the season....which is what you want to see as an 18yo still developing their game.

It's not about what they can deliver now, it's about their level of improvement, and what they'll add to our team into the future.

And we've now got Luke Power to develop these kids.

I'm really excited about these picks as well.

Sep 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
Quick and agile inside/outside mid with good disposal and a penetrating kick. This sounds like a bloke who only finds the footy 15 times a game and you wish he could find it more because he could be so damaging. However, he also has good ball winning ability which shows good footy nous to go with his athletic profile and skills.

He certainly ticks a lot of the necessary boxes to make it as an AFL player. I'm excited.

SammaGilberto

Premiership Player
May 2, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Fish like evasion, very happy with all three of our young guns, especially now that we are out of the blood every young fella rnd1 cause we have no one else, these 3 boys can learn their craft in the VFL much like Cottrell / BSOS and Finbar, Can we just fast forward to rnd1 2020, I can't ******* wait!

jezzatigerbrent

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Fish like evasion, very happy with all three of our young guns, especially now that we are out of the blood every young fella rnd1 cause we have no one else, these 3 boys can learn their craft in the VFL much like Cottrell / BSOS and Finbar, Can we just fast forward to rnd1 2020, I can't ******* wait!
.love the play of Ramsey at the 50 seconds mark. Of the highlights... Where he's totally the offensive weapon > anticipates the next phase of play then attacks the play which he sees Unfolding before him... then he sprints down the outside of the wing ,calls for and accepts a hand pass in play at top speed, sprints clear [s leaving his opponent floundering well behind],then cuts back into the middle [s great vision] and delivers a beautiful left foot centre dart straight onto the chest of the full forward.. This shows that he is creative, & has vision of the best/better targets and prepared to work hard to set up the play
[ yes it's only a highlight but it's impressive! And hopefully a sign of much more of a polished playmaker]

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
This bloke is going to put heaps of pressure on LOB for a spot.

I don’t think so, looking at those highlights and his clear ability for contested ball he plays in a very similar fashion to Nathan Wilson who I think is criminally underrated.

Can see him playing back as a close checking, rebounding small backman.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

jezzatigerbrent

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t think so, looking at those highlights and his clear ability for contested ball he plays in a very similar fashion to Nathan Wilson who I think is criminally underrated.

Can see him playing back as a close checking, rebounding small backman.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
there's definitely scope for that. and should learn from Kade Simpson whilst he is still there... Especially with running carry and setting up play with anticipation and executing on the left foot... Encouraging to run and create with a view to setting up play with hopefully lots of ''metres gained''

Sep 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
People are aware you can go watch him on the NAB League app right?

Every single game this year. Every one of his involvements. Not ‘highlights’. ‘Involvements’.

Make at least a that effort (if not watch his full games). Ffs
Out of curiosity, are those videos uploaded each round throughout the season? That app is simply incredible and I can't believe I haven't seen it mentioned on here before. He looks terrific from the 40 mins I've seen so far btw.

Back