Game Day 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We can take rookies

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh I thought I read somewhere that with Bell & Wicks potentially being upgraded + O’Connor’s addition that our list was pretty much full.

If not I’m assuming we lock in at least one of the boys training with us (Johnson, Hebron, Bartholomeus, J. Florent)?

Personally I think Chirgwin and maybe Jeka are too good to pass up if available.

For fu**'s sake leave him where he g as made his mark so far. In the backline. He is a natural defender. Hard to find. Don't start trying to change him. fu** off!!!!!!

Uncalled for response for what was a valid and harmless question.

Oh I thought I read somewhere that with Bell & Wicks potentially being upgraded + O’Connor’s addition that our list was pretty much full.

If not I’m assuming we lock in at least one of the boys training with us (Johnson, Hebron, Bartholomeus, J. Florent)?

Personally I think Chirgwin and maybe Jeka are too good to pass up if available.
No. OK. Let's look at the list changes. Grundy, McVeigh, Jack, Smith, Rose, Jones, Cameron, Pink, Hirst, Tucker, Menzell. That is 11.

We have brought in Taylor, Grey and Brand. Plus Stephens, Gould, Taylor and Warner. That is, seven. Add O'connor and that is eight. We can still add three or more Rookies. The reason I say more is that we have only used 38 players dud to salary cap restrictions but this year Buddy's salary drops to $1million from $1.2. But not only that we, have offloaded so much salary because of retirements.

So I reckon we will top up on Rookies. Next year we will draft some top end Academy talent and by 2022 we will be premiers for at least 3 seasons

Uncalled for response for what was a valid and harmless question.
No it wasn't. You always want to change players into your version of perfection. If was not uncalled for. I was and still a frustrated that the game is all about the mids as far as you are concerned. There are other positions on the bloody field you know. They are just as important, if not more so, than the mids

No it wasn't. You always want to change players into your version of perfection. If was not uncalled for. I was and still a frustrated that the game is all about the mids as far as you are concerned. There are other positions on the bloody field you know. They are just as important, if not more so, than the mids

The response was unnecessary even if it was the “mid-obsessed” Caesar. But it wasn’t. It was Masey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know the extent of Taylors "off field issues"? I hope they aren't crime or drug related.

No. OK. Let's look at the list changes. Grundy, McVeigh, Jack, Smith, Rose, Jones, Cameron, Pink, Hirst, Tucker, Menzell. That is 11.

We have brought in Taylor, Grey and Brand. Plus Stephens, Gould, Taylor and Warner. That is, seven. Add O'connor and that is eight. We can still add three or more Rookies. The reason I say more is that we have only used 38 players dud to salary cap restrictions but this year Buddy's salary drops to $1million from $1.2. But not only that we, have offloaded so much salary because of retirements.

So I reckon we will top up on Rookies. Next year we will draft some top end Academy talent and by 2022 we will be premiers for at least 3 seasons

We can add 2 rookies at this stage today and have a player train with us over summer with a view to be promoted via the supplemental list selection rules as we did with McLean last year.

As always your well off the mark with your “inside information” as you are not counting the fact we had 3 extra players on our list last season due to the supplemental list selection and mid season drafts.

We can add 2 rookies at this stage today and have a player train with us over summer with a view to be promoted via the supplemental list selection rules as we did with McLean last year.

As always your well off the mark with your “inside information” as you are not counting the fact we had 3 extra players on our list last season due to the supplemental list selection and mid season drafts.
What’s our senior list at now? 37?

To get to a 38 player list we needed to take 5 of our 6 selections. 68 after all of the bid matches was worthless to us and bundling that up with 65 to get 61 means we get some value from the pick. Get to a 38 player list and 61 will likely be in the mid 50's by the time the Hawks and Power match their academy bids.
I undestand what you are saying about our list size but Beatson remained true to his word in interviews about getting out after four picks. Can't those numbers be reconciled with rookies, upgrades and in the post draft delisted player free agency period?

Why not focus on the extent of his talent?
Why not focus on the potential "dickhead factor" they we may have introduced to the club? It very relevant. Do you think the club ignored it? Of course not. Did we discuss this with Talia (albeit for different reasons)? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back