List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Does any body else get the impression that we have repeated our recruiting of last year? Not sure there is much difference in type between Vandermeer and Cavarra and Butler/Garcia. The former two were taken at earlier picks than the latter where one would assume they were rated more highly. It's interesting that all four will start as novices next year so time will tell which, if any, will vindicate their selection.

Do we have any spots on the rookie list left for tomorrow's draft? Who are some of the best available guys left ?

Do we have any spots on the rookie list left for tomorrow's draft? Who are some of the best available guys left ?
No room for Cat A rookies. We didn't delist any and already had a full complement.

Nothing formal has been published, but it appears Khamis must be entering 2020 as a Cat B rookie, because we'd otherwise have too many already if he wasn't.

I know, it’s really dragging on too much.
That crap earlier when Brisbane wasted about 15 minutes doing a trade and then matching the bid. Surely they shouldn’t be able to waste that much time. And now Richmond seem to be taking forever to make their picks as Brisbane wait a while and then don’t match the bid.
It seems to take longer than it should
Richmond were just taking the p1ss last night. They knew who they wanted were just deliberately dragging the chain

Not sure another defender is what we are lacking.

Sounds like he is a good kick and has a bit of pace which we are always desperate for. I'm happy enough with it and am interested to see what he brings.
May try and turn him into a Wing elite endurance good long kick. And let's face it at this stage of the draft really just taking a long at the dart board. Has some attributes that could help make it he applies himself

People decrying our performance in this draft have been roundly condemned here on the basis of using conjecture only. Well I use facts and precedent. In the history of our game there has never been an elite/very good/ above average player with a Christian name of “Louis”. As the Old Testament says- those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it. ( Maybe it was Shakespeare who said it but my point stands)

People decrying our performance in this draft have been roundly condemned here on the basis of using conjecture only. Well I use facts and precedent. In the history of our game there has never been an elite/very good/ above average player with a Christian name of “Louis”. As the Old Testament says- those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it. ( Maybe it was Shakespeare who said it but my point stands)
Actually, Google told me that George Santayana coined the phrase in 1905; Winston Churchill modified it slightly in a speech in 1948 which most resembles your wording. I love Google.

we have Keath, Cordy, Trengove, Young and Gardiner. I think that’s enough key backs isn’t it?
Keath is coming back from surgery, Cordy and Young are alright but consistency a big issue, trengrove i think is in the last year of his contract and Gardiner is a long way off. We are also thin in the rucks, good forbid who could back up timmy if he went down for a while.

We are also thin in the rucks, good forbid who could back up timmy if he went down for a while.
Jordon Sweet is on the rookie list case of an emergency.
At 203 cm and 100+ kg and turning 22 before the start of 2020 season, he should be ready to back up English if required due to injury.

You're right (he's a good set shot goal kicker these days). But you've got me worried about trade outs next season. There's some guys on the list, I don't think we'd get much for them but I'd prefer to keep them because they've shown a lot of potential. We'll trade them, not get much and then strike us all down, they star at the next club.
Sadly that’s the nature of the beast. We have a ridiculously deep/even list with a lot of players needing games. A few will have to look for opportunity elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find dumping 2020 points to take a small, mostly inside mid with an ACL to be a questionable choice on the face of it, but I'll back the scouts in on him. Overall a very successful main list turnover. The balance of our roster is markedly different and that's a big win.

Lou Richards went OK 😉

I find dumping 2020 points to take a small, mostly inside mid with an ACL to be a questionable choice on the face of it, but I'll back the scouts in on him. Overall a very successful main list turnover. The balance of our roster is markedly different and that's a big win.
Those 50 points are going to break next offseason

With bid matching next year our 4th will end at the back of the draft anyway. So was most likely a no harm no foul deal for us.
That is if I am understanding our position for next year correctly.

Who's to say Garcia won't be any good ... some serious jumping at shadows in this place
The only one jumping at shadows is you, where you're consistently calling out people's posts for things they didn't even say in the first place. It's infuriating to not be able to post without a smart-arse exaggeration or misinterpretation coming back the other way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back