List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

The only one jumping at shadows is you, where you're consistently calling out people's posts for things they didn't even say in the first place. It's infuriating to not be able to post without a smart-arse exaggeration or misinterpretation coming back the other way.
You did say picking Garcia was "dumping points" even if you did qualify it afterwards

General defender as a category means nothing. He played for a very powerful Sandy side with a strong midfield. Wouldn't be surprised to see him develop as a mid/winger.
Elite endurance, he simply has to be developed on a wing.

You did say picking Garcia was "dumping points" even if you did qualify it afterwards
Sure, because we are literally dumping (i.e. giving up) points. I don't think it's going to make a huge difference, but we're already going to be in deficit if things remain the way they are currently and I don't know that it's a sound strategy to get further into deficit, even if it is just 50 points. I'd rather not have to rely on panic trades of 2021 picks for 2020 picks at the time when we get the least value for them (i.e. when teams know we need the points).

And yes, I did qualify it afterwards and I also indicated that there was more to my mild displeasure than simply the points. I think the sarcasm can be dialed back. It's a common theme and one that makes posting an altogether frustrating experience.

After McAsey went, a small forward and two wing prospects is about what I expected.
Glad we didn’t trade a future first for a pick in the twenties, like some other nuff nuff teams did.

Loved Sydney’s draft but that is probably because I rated their first three picks higher than the picks they used. Swans are a small rebuild away from being back in finals, they will attack the draft first and get some FA in to make up for the missing pieces. Apart from the Buddy overpaying, close to Gold standard in AFL.

Wow!!! How are so many of you unhappy!! I think we did ok. The ass end of the draft are always hit and miss.
People cry we didn’t get “old mate” but then would cry if we had to trade next years picks to get them 🤷🏼‍♂️ as half of them realistically wouldn’t be there at our pick. (I know some where so don’t jump down my neck)
Most of us only see there stat sheets and a 1-2 minute clip and judge them on that. I trust the recruiters that watch these guys week in and week out.

McAsey looked a bit devastated when it sunk in that he has to move to West Horsham. Really hope we've already started talking to him about coming home in 2022.

Any dogs fan would be devastated to move to that horrible cultural wreck of a club. After we accused them of cheating.... he would know all about that.
The city isn’t that terrible just that club.

Jordon Sweet is on the rookie list case of an emergency.
At 203 cm and 100+ kg and turning 22 before the start of 2020 season, he should be ready to back up English if required due to injury.
I'm very hopeful for Jordan as he has a lot of mongrel about him (we are missing this the most in our team...see elimination final), but i haven't seen his stats for the vfl jump out at me, and the BF posters that regularly watch the vfl also say he hasn't got a good enough tank yet.

We got man-handled in the elimination final, we traded for 2 key pillars which was awesome but drafted 3 small kids (our list is already one of the youngest)when there were some good quality mature agers available.

After McAsey went, a small forward and two wing prospects is about what I expected.
Glad we didn’t trade a future first for a pick in the twenties, like some other nuff nuff teams did.

Loved Sydney’s draft but that is probably because I rated their first three picks higher than the picks they used. Swans are a small rebuild away from being back in finals, they will attack the draft first and get some FA in to make up for the missing pieces. Apart from the Buddy overpaying, close to Gold standard in AFL.
Agree on Swans. They also had a million a year long term to throw at Daniher and didn't land him, so no doubt they'll be very active at trade time too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Questioning the decisions of our recruiters is an exercise in futility.
Not saying that they are infallible - but there are so many factors and machinations that we are all oblivious to.

I always find it amusing seeing a bunch of amateurs (no insult intended) grade their work based on a bit of pre-draft gossip and group think. I know it's just a bit of fun - but it's important to remember that's all it is.

McAsey looked a bit devastated when it sunk in that he has to move to West Horsham. Really hope we've already started talking to him about coming home in 2022.

Adelaide: Where Key position backs go to develop and then leave at the first opportunity.

On the Weightman clip on the Dogs website, there is a little footage of Weightman shaking hands with other first round draftees on the night.

Sam Flanders says 'ill be seeing you later' in a conspiratorial tone to Weightman and Weightman giggles.

Flanders to Dogs in 2022 confirmed?
I saw that and I took it that they were going out on the piss that night.

Wow!!! How are so many of you unhappy!! I think we did ok. The ass end of the draft are always hit and miss.
People cry we didn’t get “old mate” but then would cry if we had to trade next years picks to get them 🤷🏼‍♂️ as half of them realistically wouldn’t be there at our pick. (I know some where so don’t jump down my neck)
Most of us only see there stat sheets and a 1-2 minute clip and judge them on that. I trust the recruiters that watch these guys week in and week out.
I think it comes from the fact at the start of the year the doggies were the 5th youngest team and we got mauled by the plastics in the elimination final where they were physically bigger and more experienced than us.
There were some good quality mature agers at the end of the draft and we come away with 3 small young kids.

Would happily give up draft picks in 2 years to get him. I think he will be the next naughts down back.

we have Keath, Cordy, Trengove, Young and Gardiner. I think that’s enough key backs isn’t it?
IMO, no. Young and Gardiner very unproven, Trengove could be needed as ruck cover, plus is getting on. Keath is a good stop gap. Cordy coming off a pretty ordinary year.

I think it comes from the fact at the start of the year the doggies were the 5th youngest team and we got mauled by the plastics in the elimination final where they were physically bigger and more experienced than us.
There were some good quality mature agers at the end of the draft and we come away with 3 small young kids.
This is true but we drafted in keath and Bruce for that. Also the likes of Libba and Wallace should be fit next year. I would rather trade in older AFL players then older VFL players as they are sometimes hit and miss and you don’t know how they will go in AFL

Saying that we shouldn't have drafted a player that our full-time team of several individuals, who get paid to do this as a profession, over someone else that someone watched highlight videos of is peak bigfooty.

Saying the reason we shouldn't have drafted them is because we have "depth" of a 2nd year rookie who played 0 games, was poor in the VFL, and statistically speaking is highly likely to be delisted at the end of the year, let alone play any AFL games, let alone contribute positively over multiple AFL games, plays in the same position, is even more peak bigfooty.

Our 5 midsize defenders in the final this year were Sucklimg, Wood, Duryea, JJ & Crozier.

Come R1 next year they'll be 31, 30, 28, 27 & 26.

Why are people so fizzy on us adding depth in this area? Our list managers actually are considering how the list is looking a couple of years down the track FFS.
Lachie Young has to be added to that list. I really rate him. If JJ is a mid-sized defender, so is Ed Richards who has played his best football behind the ball. Ditto Bailey Williams.

+ two genuine mature KPPs during trade period. We've added two very important pieces of the puzzle in our off season.

I'll be honest, I'm very happy with our trade period and a bit meh on the draft but last year I knew nothing of Young or Vandermeer and was happy with the signs both of those guys showed last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back