List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Sainters, a Tiger fan here in peace. I was just wondering whether many of you had seen much of Nyuon and what your thoughts were on your club not matching his bid? :)

The term raw keeps coming up. Like a lot of Sudanese kids he's athletically gifted but the gamesmanship needs work. Could be anything. He looked best as a defender where he got taken to the ball. He probably ends up an Alir Alir type of tall rangy defender.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hunter, Ryan, Leo, and Bytel maybe?? Are all duel sided mids???

Was thinking exactly the same last night about the two we picked up. A definite advantage.

Scuse the trespass.
Interested why you didn't keep Biggie.
That big, that fast, that leap.....looks like Aliir Aliir again.
I'd be putting him in development for sure all other things being equal.
Best guess is we didn't need another Key Defender on our list and we rate those we already have as better prospects so it would be waste of a list spot when we really needed midfielders.

And sounds like we didnt rate him higher than a rookie spot anyway.

Parto or Chirgs.
I,ve never really ventured into 2nd guessing the talent scouts but I like the look of a ben sokol ...small forward...but who knows..he didnt get picked up either , i think, might be wrong! ( Prolific Goal Scorer at his level)..we need the goals IF he can translate it to this level. I did notice however that on his highlight reel all the tape seemed to include was a lot of set shots on goal and very little of how he acquired the ball...that makes me a little concerned...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't rate him? Plus we have excess tall defenders.

As for Leo, i don't particularly love the selection however it's nice we have chosen skills on a pick for once. It's now up to the staff to develop him further. Pre 2018 it would be a sure fail, guaranteed Siposs V2. Now i am quietly confident we can get it right.

Sounds a bit like a Nick O'Kearney to me - probably good enough to get a bit of the footy at VFL level but it would be a surprise if he became AFL quality.

A couple of questions

What time is the rookie draft?

And has Partington nominates for it or will he just slip through to the supplementary period post draft?

10am mate. And players who aren't taken in the national draft automatically qualify for the PSD and rookie draft.

how many free rookies spots do we have on our list?
Can we pick up 2 today? 3?

Think we've got 39 on the primary list and 3 category A rookies and 1 category B rookie.

So seems like we might take two or three rookies or take someone in the SSP. Wilkie could be upgraded, so not sure how many rookies we actually take.

10am mate. And players who aren't taken in the national draft automatically qualify for the PSD and rookie draft.

Think we've got 39 on the primary list and 3 category A rookies and 1 category B rookie.

So seems like we might take two or three rookies or take someone in the SSP. Wilkie could be upgraded, so not sure how many rookies we actually take.

How many are we allowed in total? I think Cat B rookies dont count toward total, but I think now the main list and rookie list has some total number...?

It seems the total number of primary plus rookie Cat A rookies is 44... is that right?
And we now have 39 primary + Wilkie + Langlands + Mayo?
Leaving 2 spots?

Or have i got the numbers wrong?

How many are we allowed in total? I think Cat B rookies dont count toward total, but I think now the main list and rookie list has some total number...?

It seems the total number of primary plus rookie Cat A rookies is 44... is that right?
And we now have 39 primary + Wilkie + Langlands + Mayo?
Leaving 2 spots?

Or have i got the numbers wrong?

No I think that's right. 44 in total. We've usually had 40 on the primary list in years prior so I wouldn't be surprised if we upgraded Wilkie to make it 40, then took a few rookies to get it to 44. Alabakis is the 45th. Of course, we might leave a category A spot open for the SSP.

Wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back