1574984960041.png

Height: 191 cm
Weight: 90 kg
DOB: 23/09/96
Recruited From: Williamstown
Position: Inside Midfielder

Strengths: Endurance, Clearances, Blocking, Tackling
Improvements: Kicking, pace

Mitchell Hibberd was one of the dominant VFL players of 2019, averaging 24.1 disposals, 6.85 tackles and half a goal a game this season which made him one of the best mature aged players available in this draft. His ability to win the clearance was unrivalled at Williamstown, who boasted the best in the league in this area and was one of the favourites for the JJ Liston Trophy this season.

Last edited:

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't get it.

Was a gaping hole in the needs based recruiting until we signed Hibberd.

Now that we have him, together with some options as small forward, potentially a small defender and two KPPs it's a very well balanced draft haul.

Posters talk about 1 player not making much difference. I do not agree.

There was 1 clear spot on the list for a first touch inside mid in addition to it being a position of weakness in the best 22.

It's not taking 3 or 4 of these guys that works for development when the spots are not available for development.

That it's a proven and mature VFL player is even better.

Now that we have him, together with some options as small forward, potentially a small defender and two KPPs it's a very well balanced draft haul.

There was 1 clear spot on the list for a first touch inside mid in addition to it being a position of weakness in the best 22.

It's not taking 3 or 4 of these guys that works for development when the spots are not available for development.

Oh okay it WAS actually a positive post.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen

And what if Mitch hasn’t improved to become a bonafide AFL standard inside mid?

We go to the draft next year and take another mature aged in hope they are that years Tim Kelly?

Miffed we haven’t doubled down on an inside mid for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back