AFL Club
Carlton
21 martin.jpg

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
SOS not caving and us showing some balls to wait it out has paid off. Martin for nothing is close to the best piece of business we've done in a long time. Nearly 100 games in and is going to provide us with some pure silk off half-forward, improving our transition of the footy and inside 50 numbers. If he can realise his potential with us, we have smashed this out of the park. I'm so excited and happy about this. Hopefully Eddie can get him to where he can be as well, due to Jack being very excited by playing along side him. Our forward line with those two added in has changed its dynamic again, and he provides another midfield rotation. Welcome Jack, show us what you're made of and take us to another level.

Can't wait to watch Martin, Cunners & Eddie carve it up in our forward line next year alongside our talented talls.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
This is the priority pick the AFL refused to give us the last few seasons. In a lot of ways giving GCS priority picks effectively gave us one. He'll be a really handy get for us and part of a really strong list going forward.

With Martin and the pick 11 pick swap, we've benefited the most out of the other clubs in the end out of GC's concessions.

Geelong did well out of it too with what looks like an outrageous trade involving next year's pick 11 (although next year's draft is apparently very compromised).

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
It is so good to be on the right end of something like this. To get a player with the talent of Martin complimentary (for free) is a massive win for our club.

He brings a whole new dynamic to our club, not just because of what he can do on field, but in the messaging that comes from such a talented player specifically choosing our club, not Richmond, not Geelong, not Hawthorn, not Collingwood as has been the case with similar players in recent years.

I can't wait to see him in action in the Navy Blue.

Welcome, Jack.

Took a lot longer than we would have liked, but glad we got there eventually.

What a terrific result for the footy club to get a player of Jack's calibre, without having to give anything up other than the salary required.

I have posted my thoughts on Jack previously, and have been critical of him, but there is no denying his talent.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do now at a real club.

Feb 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Celtics, AC Milan
Welcome to the cherry on the cake!
Mark my words this guy is the difference - we've got talls, we've got big mids, exciting young players... Jack Martin is the X factor and I just have a feeling we may see the best of this guy in big games on the MCG.... just a hunch. So excited with this one.

Hopefully but not sure our player development has been that great over the years either - hopefully its changed of recent times
Definitely agree, just feel we (hopefully) may have turned the corner there.

Back