List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hitler is not impressed with Dodo's latest effort. Made by a Bombers fan:

He’s not wrong there I was shocked they once again didn’t take a big bodied inside mid, dodo is a crap list manager with no concept of how to build a decent list.

Interesting Knightmare gave about 6 clubs an A+ in his review yet managed to give us a C.

Picked Kemp at 17 who he rated top 5.
Called Philp a reach at 20 despite having him in his own top 30.
Called Ramsey a low production production player despite having multiple 30+ games when moving into the midfield.
Selected for needs in the rookie draft where other clubs recycled players (we have been smashed for this over the years).
Failed to mention one Jack Martin in the PSD.

We/SOS have really rustled some feathers this off season. Couldn’t be happier with how it’s worked out.

Interesting Knightmare gave about 6 clubs an A+ in his review yet managed to give us a C.

Called Ramsey a low production production player despite having multiple 30+ games when moving into the midfield.
Selected for needs in the rookie draft where other clubs recycled players (we have been smashed for this over the years).

We/SOS have really rustled some feathers this off season. Couldn’t be happier with how it’s worked out.

Need to interpret KM's ratings with a filter, essentially the inverse of whatever he specifies is the likely true long-term result.

Harks, we also targetted Cogs, got Newnes and again perhaps Papley also ticked the speed/foot skills box?
Pretty sure if the likes of Whitfield etc was interested in leaving this year, sure we may have made an offer, in fact I believe we inquired

That doesn't sit in line with what you put forward though.

Of course we're after talent but it was clear to me for the reasons we targeted certain players, I mentioned.
Let's agree to disagree that we took on Betts, prioritised Papley, hunted Martin and got him to bolster our forward line..
Hell, even Coniglio is a goal-kicking mid and which is why I wanted him above Wines and many others, although there were other reasons involved.

On another note:
This is what you just said - "So speed and footskills as a priority? That was our glaring needs after all"
So you sort of agree that needs to play out no matter whether one doesn't want to say. :)
I think needs always play a part in the draft because I've seen it over and again and we saw it again in recent days.

All in all, the CFC did very well. That's all that matters

EKf9HyEUcAEWUD8

I think we did well here. Nice blend of types and allows a lot more options for match committee to make sure we don't lose games as a result of leg speed. Nice job :thumbsu:

I give Knightmare a D-

He is a Filth supporter.

I'm excited to see how Philp performs
We know what to expect from Kemp and Martin
But, Philp technically is the only player that we traded up for :p
So SOS and Co must really rate him - especially if you compare to all the players that are left outstanding
SOS has also given up a prime tactical draft position for this, i.e. the start of RD2, which comes with a premium - heck, we could have got GC pick #11 next year :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephens would have been a good get, but was gone early

Fell out of love with Sharp this year, certainly talented, but he knows it.

Seemed to just go through the motions when it suited him
Yeah I agree on Sharp and as I posted earlier I think Ramsay is actually an upgrade on Sharp as he has an inside and contested game that is near on non existent in Sharps game as well as having the speed and I think he is a better kick as well, a much better choice for a lot less.

Not interesting at all. In fact not even worth noting.

KM does a sensational job with draft profiles but his draft ratings are, and always have been, completely laughable.

The ratings are when he removes his scout hat and replaces it with his Collingwood fanboi one.

I haven't read his piece but I'll bet everything I own that he had Collingwood near the top of his ratings, and Carlton near the bottom. Am I right?

Last edited:

KM does a sensational job with draft profiles but his draft ratings are, and always have been, completely laughable.

The ratings are when he removes his scout hat and replaces it with his Collingwood fanboi one.

I haven't read his piece but I'll everything I own that he had Collingwood near the top of his ratings, and Carlton near the bottom. Am I right?

Also doesnt make the players we chose any better or worse - should just form your own opinion if we did well or not (not aimed at you Jeremias but in general)

Also doesnt make the players we chose any better or worse - should just form your own opinion if we did well or not (not aimed at you Jeremias but in general)

1 x player in my top 4
1 x player in my top 15
1 x player in my top 30 (as a rookie)

1 x Jack Martin for free

i give us an A++

This is the bloke that thought Charlie Curnow was a terrible pick

I haven't read his piece but I'll bet everything I own that he had Collingwood near the top of his ratings, and Carlton near the bottom. Am I right?

KM seems to really rate Flanders, yet he was a massive slider and multiple clubs overlooked him. Interesting.

In fairness to KM, for example he had Philp going at #24 to Brisbane, but much lower in his own rankings as there was talk that they were keen on him

Therefore, rightly or wrongly, he is grading clubs based on his own power ratings rather than those that are actually in the know.

Anyway, I've taken no notice of "grades" since we according to many won the 2010 draft by landing all of Watson, McCarthy and Mitchell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back