loplop

Team Captain
Nov 25, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
afc
WOW! Just going by that clip posted, he looks the most impressive from our picks. I see he is a KPD but seems to move really well and someone that can play mid ? To me seems like a bont and buddy hybrid?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Hope Fischer and Josh are actually friends and not just team mates that put up with each other
Teammates right through the junior ranks first at their local club the East Brighton Vampires, then the NAB League/Sandringham Dragons and then Vic Metro.

Mong

Premiership Player
Sep 4, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Crows
Did we just draft Fabio?
17-fabio-citizenship.w710.h473.2x-768x688.jpg

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Bookends sorted for a decade, great get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hendo8888

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide 36ers
absolutely.
so its 50-50

no guarantees
Planning around the possibility that a player could move in 5 years time, based on where they came from, just opens you up to settling for a lesser option.
If McAsey and Worrell were the 2 best key position players available to us in the draft, and they also fill a role that we have a vacancy at, then we pick them. Picking someone else, because we've lost players from there before is silly.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Planning around the possibility that a player could move in 5 years time, based on where they came from, just opens you up to settling for a lesser option.
If McAsey and Worrell were the 2 best key position players available to us in the draft, and they also fill a role that we have a vacancy at, then we pick them. Picking someone else, because we've lost players from there before is silly.
HS said 'Bookends sorted for the next decade'
Lets hope so, but it hadrly ever works like that.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Everyone always assumes that players who played in the same team are friends.

Generally if they play in the same junior, rep and state teams etc they will be friends, at least to an extent.

Just because when they go out to the carnival etc they'll know their club teammates the best.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Generally if they play in the same junior, rep and state teams etc they will be friends, at least to an extent.

Just because when they go out to the carnival etc they'll know their club teammates the best.
I liked most of my team mates and would have called them my friends, but there were very few who influence me to hang around at a club.

They're also quite young and susceptible to change in people they like to hang around with.

I don't buy the whole friends help with retention thing. It may help in the early stages of home sickness.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
I liked most of my team mates and would have called them my friends, but there were very few who influence me to hang around at a club.

They're also quite young and susceptible to change in people they like to hang around with.

I don't buy the whole friends help with retention thing. It may help in the early stages of home sickness.

I agree its more likely to help in the early stages when knowing people and fitting in are concerns.
Having an 'in', like a guy you've known for years, makes life so much easier even if they arent close.

But in saying that the early stages set the scene. Its very easy to make your mind up that you dont like something early on.

Clangers 5

Rookie
Jun 8, 2013
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants,
I like the look of this fella..... seems pretty athletic and well balanced for a tall. Bonus he's a lefty!
Someone earlier mentioned bontempelli and I agree 100%
Can't wait to see you in the tri colours Josh.... tear it up kid 🤘

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
I like the look of this fella..... seems pretty athletic and well balanced for a tall. Bonus he's a lefty!
Someone earlier mentioned bontempelli and I agree 100%
Can't wait to see you in the tri colours Josh.... tear it up kid 🤘
Someone also mentioned Justin Westhoff ;)

And before anyone comes at me I rate the Hoff quite highly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back