Delisted Michael Hartley [drafted to Hawthorn in the preseason draft]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you cannot engage in a discussion with Essendon supporters without bringing the drugs saga into it, I would advise you to simply avoid doing so.

Has no place here. And is frankly pathetic.

This goes to you and to anyone else who thinks they are being funny or smart in doing so.
But a comment of "Hawthorn treat their champions like s**t." does have a place in a thread about Michael Hartley?

Admonish both or none of the comments!

But a comment of "Hawthorn treat their champions like s**t." does have a place in a thread about Michael Hartley?

Admonish both or none of the comments!

"But he started it first!"

Don't be that kid in the playground.

If you see a post that needs attention, report it and it will be dealt with.

Do not troll in return and turn things into a s**t show. And certainly do not be so petty and childish as to think making fun of Essendon for the drug saga is appropriate or acceptable on this board.

"But he started it first!"

Don't be that kid in the playground.

If you see a post that needs attention, report it and it will be dealt with.

Do not troll in return and turn things into a s**t show. And certainly do not be so petty and childish as to think making fun of Essendon for the drug saga is appropriate or acceptable on this board.
That's not my point.

I have no issue whatsoever with you pulling up a post about the drug saga, particularly in this thread (I don't think it's as childish as you make out, but that's another story). In fact, I agree with it. It's what you're here for as a mod after all.

But if two kids are fighting, you don't just reprimand the kid who fought back. Both are in the wrong.

That's not my point.

I have no issue whatsoever with you pulling up a post about the drug saga, particularly in this thread (I don't think it's as childish as you make out, but that's another story). In fact, I agree with it. It's what you're here for as a mod after all.

But if two kids are fighting, you don't just reprimand the kid who fought back. Both are in the wrong.

How do you know both haven't been reprimanded?

There are ways to do so outside of being pulled up publicly for it.

Leave the modding to us thanks.

Honestly hope he gets a good run at it wherever he ends up. A really likeable guy who always gives 100%. He’ll make the odd mistake here or there in 1-on-1 contests but given the opportunity to have a good run in the 1’s he could iron out some of those kinks.

Soooo... How about that Hartley huh. Apparently fitting in well at training. Not sure he'll land at us with pick 11, but hoping he will.

Should have been on our list already, but you know.....Essendon gonna Essendon.

If a fringe player comes to us & says 'Guys I've been offered 2 years by another club' we say, 'We can't or won't be prepared to match that, so go with our blessing....Hello Kaiden Brand.....Because we aren't petty, bitter & vindictive.....Big thumbs up to Dodoro there.

Should have been on our list already, but you know.....Essadone gonna Essadone.

If a fringe player comes to us & says 'Guys I've been offered 2 years by another club' we say, 'We can't or won't be prepared to match that, so go with our blessing....Hello Kaiden Brand.....Because we aren't petty, bitter & vindictive.....Big thumbs up to Dodoro there.

Got a source for any of this? Or is this just attempted humour?

Good on him for getting a 2 year deal.
Should have been on our list already, but you know.....Essadone gonna Essadone.

Maybe Hawks and Hartley could have talked to Essendon about a trade prior to Oct 16 deadline, instead of saying “don’t worry Mick, sit tight we’ll just pick you up as a DFA.”

Should have been on our list already, but you know.....Essendon gonna Essendon.

I'd recommend making yourself familiar with both the rules around free agency and the timeline of this situation.

Hartley was an unrestricted free agent and if you wanted him you could've had him for free completely unimpeded.

For whatever reason either you didn't make an offer, or you did and he didn't accept it until not only after the free agency period had closed, but also after the trade period, after the list lodgement dates had passed with him still on our list, and after the delisted free agency period had already opened. Only then did he inform Essendon that he wasn't going to accept the contract we had offered him and decided to delist himself.

He missed the boat, pure and simple. Not everything is a conspiracy.

I'd recommend making yourself familiar with both the rules around free agency and the timeline of this situation.

Hartley was an unrestricted free agent and if you wanted him you could've had him for free completely unimpeded.

For whatever reason either you didn't make an offer, or you did and he didn't accept it until not only after the free agency period had closed, but also after the trade period, after the list lodgement dates had passed with him still on our list, and after the delisted free agency period had already opened. Only then did he inform Essendon that he wasn't going to accept the contract we had offered him and decided to delist himself.

Yeah but that means Essendon and Dodoro aren't monsters so it doesn't fit the narrative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better make sure you post this from an unverified fan page to give it some real legitimacy.

If Essendon wanted, all they had to say was "We'd like you to stay. If we offer you a 1 year are you interested?"

Instead they made a formal approach which he had to decline. Just to delay his signing by a few days.

It was petty by Essendon. Pure and simple. And did nothing but make him happier he is going.

So thank you for helping us out !

Fantastic addition to our team.

For whatever reason either you didn't make an offer, or you did and he didn't accept it until not only after the free agency period had closed, but also after the trade period, after the list lodgement dates had passed with him still on our list, and after the
If Essendon wanted, all they had to say was "We'd like you to stay. If we offer you a 1 year are you interested?"

Instead they made a formal approach which he had to decline. Just to delay his signing by a few days.

It was petty by Essendon. Pure and simple. And did nothing but make him happier he is going.

I call bullshit.

That is so far from how list lodgement works with AFL its not funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back